or Connect

Posts by Mindy70

thanks for the replies-though he has only been gone a week, I feel much more grounded than I did in the first few days. The few problems that came up I have been able to deal with myself, and I feel happier and less tense, too.
well, the good parts are that now that he is gone, there is no after-the-kids-go-to-bed relationship stress. Or tension with DH during the day, for that matter. No one is coming home expecting their needs to be met, no one is sleeping in until 12 or 1 PM while I am running around with the kids, making me feel resentful. No one is waking up grouchy and cranky and angry and infecting everyone else with their bad mood. My DH has bipolar and depression, so you never know what...
Hi everyone, My DH and I are a breath away from divorce, and now he is in Israel for three weeks which gives us both a break and time to evaluate things. I am home with three kids and have a small part time job some evenings. This is my first taste of REALLY being alone with the kids, the house and all the resposibilities that go with it. Not that DH ever helps out much with the kids, but at least he is around to fix things or there in case of an emergency, when I need...
I have been in the same position for quite some time now! I have known that I want out for at least two years, but was semi-trying to let things unfold and see what happens. Then my DH had an affair in the summer time, and THEN he wanted to end it and work on our marriage, and I agreed to go to counseling, but that didn't really take, and I FINALLY told him a few weeks ago that yes, I am serious, I want to get divorced. Now he still wants to reconcile and is in Israel for...
See the thing is, is that his idea of parenting is turn on the TV and let them watch for hours and hours, forgetting to feed them or change them, and never mind things like actually taking them to the park, encouraging them to play outside or do a craft, or playing games/blocks with them, etc. That is one reason we are seperating! I feel like I am the only parent. He takes sleeping medications and has a hard time waking up in the morning, so he usually gets up around 10...
So sorry, I went through this a few months ago. The common advice is not to make any major decisions for 4-6 weeks after you find out, because right now you are probably in shock and very emotional. Get counseling, if he and you want, and see what there is to save and what led to the affair. Good luck!
Hi everyone, Sadly, I decided to end my marriage after thinking long and hard about it for years. We have three kids, ages 2,4, and 7. I have family in CA that I could stay with until I get back on my feet. My mom and dad are very involved, active grandparents who love the kids and would be an emotional and social support for me. But my DH is dead against moving the kids back to CA (we are in NJ) and has promised to fight me on it. I can totally sympathize with his...
I tend to believe that something happened there that was not right, and I told her that I was very happy that she told me what happened and she should never be afraid to tell me when anything makes her uncomfortable. If the kid was really, truly cruel or just kidding around, something spooked her. I also did not want to question her too much: she told me that when we asked and asked her about it, she felt bad about herself, like "she" was the one that did a bad thing
Hi, My 6 yr old daughter had a playdate with her friend two days ago. That night she woke up crying and told me that the following things had happened: Older brother of friend (he is 19) had chased her around the pool, tried to dunk her, and when she tried to get the mom, had physically blocked her and taunted her, saying "Did you like that, huh, want me to dunk you again, did you like it?" Older brother had on another occasion locked her up behind two baby gates...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I don't think this is about consequences or punishment or discipline. This is about supervision. Clearly your 4 yr old is not prepared for the level of non-supervision he's getting. Time to be back under constant mommy-supervision. In the cart, worn or harnessed at the store, not outside alone -for even a moment-, no chance to escape or do these things. Perhaps back in your room to sleep so you'll know if he...