or Connect

Posts by NorCal Mama

Dang!!! I was wrong on my unknown. I had Mycobacterium smegmatis, I guess my acid-fast stains turned out wrong, that's the only determining difference between the 2, at least as far as the tests that we do in our lab. Sigh...... Well, I'm done for that class anyhow. I got a B. Can't complain.
I'm almost to the end! My unknown bacteria for Microbiology Lab was Corynebacterium diphtheriae. I'm probably gonna end up with a B in that class. It'll be my first B. I don't feel too bad, what with the course load I was taking this semester. It's just kind of stressful because of the tight, tight, tight competition to get into the nursing program here. I'll get to apply in February, so we'll see. :
Good Luck to all those taking finals and congrats to those who are done! lorijds: I really associated with you when you were talking about the changes in your study habits: "One thing I noticed is that, although my standards are higher, I am smarter than I was. Maybe I'm not as mentally fresh and bright as I was at 18, but I more than make up for it in time management and study skills. I also seem to be ALOT better at abstract thought than I was before. My other...
Good for you for going back to school to do what you want! I recently went back to school after 13 years. It's not as bad as you might think. I know I remeember the libraries with books once upon a day. Research papers are soooooo much easier now. A and P is a difficult class. It's good you're starting out with just one class now. The main thing to remember is to set aside your study time. Remember 2 hours of study for every lecture hour. Figure out how much that...
Welcomee!!!!!!
I have my last Microbiology exam today! Or as our teacher calls it: Informational Festival!
I'm taking prerequisites now and am hoping to be in nursing school in Fall '07 for an RN program. Nice to meet you all!
I saw someone checked the box that their baby was affected. Do you feel like telling your story?
Here's the poll you speak of: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=555823