or Connect

Posts by mmace

I have no advice, but wanted to offer up hugs and prayers for your family...
I understand, Seie. Until I got my second part-time job a year or so ago I had nothing in savings at all.
You're right Seasons, savings is important. I have just about three months worth of expenses saved up right now, but I'm working to make it more. That's where my comission based job comes in - I use some of it for fun, but the biggest majority is going into savings. I had to wipe it out last fall though, when I had to put a new furnace in my rental. That's why it's only at 3 months right now. Which brings me to my rental - Right now I live in 3/4s of my house and...
I am co-coordinator of our local food pantry, but the kids are completely involved in it with me. We've been doing it for just over a year now. Food delivery is once a month and we end up packing about 85 boxes that day (always me and my mom packing, usually my dad too, and my kids if they are off school) and then the first Saturday of the month we spend about five hours distributing the boxes. The big ones carry boxes, the little ones carry milk, everyone helps. It...
Quote: Has anyone seen any toddler size paddles anywhere? My dad made one for my little lady...
Mine has been canoeing since she was just about a year old (she's six now) and has always loved it! At that age she would sit on the bottom of the canoe with some toys, snacks, bottled water, etc. Now that she's bigger she sits up and has a paddle, but back then she was more than content to just sit there and play. We do river canoeing - three hour stretches or more from the beginning, no problem.
Quote: Is it really an affair if the marriage is long dead, but not quite legally over yet? This is a sore spot for me- My Hubby was in the beginning of divorcing his Ex when my stepdaughter was born, and was seperated from his Ex for 11 months and working very hard on his divorce when he met me and it was a very nasty divorce (starting BEFORE he met me), and his Ex dragged it on for years (until my stepdaughter was 3 1/2), but somehow, I'm always considered...
Quote: it takes *two* people committed to making it work. Quote: and just one to break it by having an affair. Both are very true. The one thing I learned from what I went through with my ex-husband was that I could not want it enough for both of us. I couldn't love him enough, carry the entire load, want the marriage to work all alone. We both had to.
Monthy Income $ 450.00 - Rental 366.00 - Church Cleaning 1,104.00 - Child Support (he gets paid every two weeks, so twice a year I get an "extra" child support payment) $1,920.00 - Set income, Monthly - I also have a part-time commission based job, but I don't use that in my budget $1,025.00 - Mortgage (includes taxes and insurance) 230.00 - Columbia Gas 10.00 - Internet 55.00 - Telephone 53.00 - Dish...
Quote: Oh, and almost all of the affair participants say that the first marriage was "over even though we still live together," while we betrayed spouses often explain we thought our marriages were strong and there was no plan to separate. So true! Apparently we were "seperated" long before I knew about it, and he "cheated" with me - that's how our third child was conceived, you know!