or Connect

Posts by mmace

Quote: I highly recommend taking that time to get to know yourself as an individual before going into something else. It was invaluable and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I totally agree. Here's another thing: I was asked out quite a few times in that four year time period, but it was important to me to not have men in and out of my children's lives. I wanted to wait until it was someone that mattered. Someone worthy of meeting my children...
My X and I had been seperated for almost four years when I met my love, but we were not divorced.
I could have just about written your post word for word, my daughter is 15. Homework, studying, etc. has been nothing but a struggle between us all year. This nine weeks things have gotten better because I've linked assignments to her cell phone. I know, totally not logical consequences, but it's worked. She was simply not doing assignments - both homework and in class, because she "didn't want to". Our school participates in Edline, a site that I can check as...
Well, yesterday was busy. I put two coats of paint on my kitchen ceiling and started cutting in around the cabinets. The ceiling looks fantastic - hadn't been painted in almost eleven years. When we did it way back then we used a cream color and now I used a bright white (gosh it's more fun to paint when you don't have to compromise - now that I'm single I get to pick whatever color I want!). It's amazing how much brighter it is! The wall color is a bit yellower than...
I am just absolutely thrilled for you - congratulations, my friend!!!!
Oh yes, my hairbrush - that too! I have a round brush that I only use to blow dry my bangs out. I hate the feeling of long hairs in my face, so I never use it on the long part of my (brown) hair, just my bangs. I regularly find long (blonde) hairs in it - even though I bought her the same exact brush only in a different color! And the razors too - she has a habit of not cleaning her underarms before shaving, therefore leaving deoderant scum on the razor, and she...
Oh, another example - nail polish! I bought one bottle of polish last year - a more expensive bottle (just OPI, but more expensive than the ones she usually buys). I asked her not to use mine because she paints her nails every day or two, so I didn't think she needed to use the expensive stuff, whereas I use the same color constantly, so the longer lasting more expensive stuff makes sense for me. This bottle will honestly last me at least the rest of this summer too. ...
She gets tons of one on one time when she chooses it. The little two kids are in bed by 8:00 on school nights. The sweetheart is not new, he's been around for almost two years now. I guess I just don't see how wearing my underwear makes her feel closer to me! kekeke
Thank you so much! Like you said, being a single mom makes this tougher - I just feel like I shoulder everything and get absolutely no down time, so it would be nice to have a bit of privacy... Thanks again for your response, and for making me feel like I'm not blowing this out of proportion!
A couple of examples: 1. A couple of weeks ago I found a pair of my underwear in with her laundry. I questioned her about it and was told she "borrowed" them, because they're more comfortable than hers. I told her that I felt underwear was a personal item and I didn't want her to "borrow" them (and went on to explain that borrowing without permission was not really borrowing in the first place!). I went out and bought her some the very next day in the same style...