or Connect

Posts by mmace

Quote: mmace - what a busy day! I was tired just from reading about it! BTW, what's a "beer store"? Here in Pennsylvania you can't buy beer anywhere other than beer distributors. Same with liquor - that is only sold in state run liquor stores. Fifteen minutes in the other direction, into West Virginia, and I can buy beer at Wal-Mart. Silly isn't it?! The prom was lovely - absolutely lovely! She had a wonderful time, she looked like a princess,...
These are fantastic - and I love that I inspired a thread, a good thread too! My only regret is the financial/career one. I married at 19 and dropped out of college to work while he finished his degree. Our first was born when I was 20, and I was a SAHM by the time I was 22. I never finished school. Now I will say that I was on a path to be a CPA at that time, and I don't regret for a minute that I am not a CPA now. But it would be nice to have a career where I...
Quote: See, I think these two ideas are opposites. I see plenty of erroneous thinking among partnered people who assume that if they choose a partner carefully and work hard on their partnership, that the partnership will continue. Certain gov't agencies and media outlets promote the idea that single mothers have poor judgment, both in choosing partners, and in parenting (how many YMCAs and churches offer parenting classes for single moms?). I've even seen...
Quote: Please, stop attacking me! I was just trying to point out that we all make mistakes. We all get into situations that we probably had SOME signs were coming down the pike! I'm not trying to blame everyone on here for their failed marriages! The OP had a really cruel suggestion made to her, which was removed from the thread. My response, which was also removed because it quoted that post, was a response. It just meant, please don't judge the op so...
Yesterday for me was errand, Errand, ERRAND after ERRAND! I left the house at 9:00ish and went: to the BP for gas and a cappuccino out of their machine, Goodwill to drop stuff off, Sherwin-Williams for paint for my kitchen, to one bank for my tax job, to the beer store, to Target, to Lowe's, to another bank for my tax job, to Sam's Club, and to Wal-Mart for groceries so I can cook for my mom tomorrow. By the time I got home I was exhausted! But I pressed on! I put all...
Me again! You know what else?! This comment: Quote: I'm surprised, because on a single parent's board it should be obvious that most of us are guilty of making a poor choice of coparents. is also extremely offensive to Single Mother's By Choice - I'm not one, but my hat's off to those lovely ladies! There are a lot of roads that have led us to Single Motherhood, and accusing us of making "poor choices" is not only insulting, but yet one more...
Quote: Please be careful not to generalize about single parents - we are a very diverse group of people. For instance, MY husband (bio-father of my child, although never my co-parent) left ME (for a new wife). I didn't do anything wrong by not psychically predicting his leaving. No guilt or poor choices here! Very true - Thank You! I guess according to singin'intherain I should have known that my husband would cheat on me and walk out on me after ten...
I'm another vote for having him borrow clothes from a friend - my daughter and her friends do this all the time, and it's no big deal.
I have full physical and legal custody of my kids and my X has "reasonable visitation". He is not on any of the pick-up paperwork at my kids schools, and the school wouldn't even recognize him if he walked to the door. However, they do know my parents and my sweetheart, and would release them to any of them with my word. I might just be nosy enough to call down there today and ask what the policy is, and what they would do if X did try to pick them up...
Beloved, that is sooooo wonderful!!!! I can't wait to hear every single detail!