or Connect

Posts by spirit4ever

Do you have my 3 year old dd??? I have 3 kids, two boys 7 & 9, and my daughter who is 3. My second son was a tornado as well, and yes I did do time outs, I think I call them cooling down time outs!! Never ever had a set time but they needed to calm down before coming out. My 3 year old dd on the other hand...... you described her to a T. She can be a wonderful delight, and often when its just the two of us it can be wonderful.. but that happens very little. I also run a...
My 9 yo and 7 yo ds's share a room in the basement.. and getting them ready for bed isn't sooo bad.. it's their talking and playing that drives me crazy. Also, my 7 yo ds clearly needs more sleep than the 9 yo, but when I try to put him to bed first he is completely devestated.. and also has a fear of being on another floor alone...   ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
I'm excited too!! my dh doesn't understand why!! I lucked out, she's giving a seminar for the parents part of my daycare seminars that I'm attending!  
I'm already about 1/3rd of the way through Kids Are Worth It,  I'm going to see barbara coloroso in Feb, i don't want to stop, so I'll lurk until you start Kids Are Worth It!!!!   I have 3 kids, ds1 who is 8 1/2 ds2 who is 6 and dd who is 2 1.2   I'm a work at home mom (run a govt home daycare), so I have 6 kids under the age of 6 that I care for..    
I can't remember exactly how it happened, a few months ago I said that there was no more num nums until the morning, and often she nurses to get sleepy but not totally asleep. I'm pretty strict about my sleep at night, so there were a few nights where some crying was going on, but she was in bed right beside me, she was just angry. We were able to go from about 9ish to 4:30, but the 4:30 nursing lasted FOREVER, like 2 hours, which was killing me, so I plugged in a...
Awesme
Quote: Originally Posted by verde Honestly, I think getting a new sibling is exactly a reason NOT to try to get rid of the binky. He's going to experience a huge change and the binky will be soothing to him. Why take something away when he'll need it the mos?t It helps him relax, it helps him sleep, why do you want to ruin a good thing? Just relax and don't worry. Totally agree!!! My dd is turning 2 this weekend, I wouldn't dream of...
I have one clinically diangnosed anxious son who's 8.... he has some severe fears but none that have to do with monsters and the dark! I have a 5 1/2 ds, who is not an anxious boy, but has a true fear of being alone on a floor (i have a basement, main floor and upstairs), he will NOT go in the basement alone, and its not a scary basement at all, I have a nice open sized playroom for the daycare and a guest bedroom, and bathroom. He will always ask someone to go...
Ds1 who's 8 has always been a just undies guy! Ds2 is 5 1/2 and also was a full time nudist until he was about 4 1/2 dd is 2 and is naked all the time, and it's HE.L.L. trying to get out of the house because dressing her is nearly impossible! the last few days we've gone to friends houses in her undies!
I run a home daycare, I have a non negotiable nap/quiet time. I also have 3 kids and have had to deal with the 9-10 bedtime. It's just the way the cookie crumbles!!!! I have parents who complain to me, and I remind them that I'm in the same boat!!