or Connect

Posts by fivepears

Pertussis is on the rise in many areas. I have friends in the medical field that are anti-vax and they (unfortunately) believe that it is because we are losing our "herd" immunity to this virus. Most adults do not have immunity and MANY children do not have the vaccine. It is one of the highest reaction vaccines, and therefore fewer children are vaccinated. Furthermore, the intercontinental travel these days brings viruses in all the time, especially on the coasts here. I...
I've been waiting for an opportunity to expose my children to CP and finally one has presented itself, but it's with a child that got CP from the vaccine. Does anyone know if that is as "good" as exposure to someone who contracted the virus "naturally"? I'm thinking virus is virus, but I know it is weakened in the vaccine. Any help would be appreciated. TIA, Betsy mom to Seth, Audrey and Tess Auntie to Lyla Rose killed by HepB vaccine
I voted used to vax, but saw the light. I never wanted to vax, but caved into pressure from my family. DS had a reaction to DaPT, and I stopped right after that. Then a little over a year later my niece died after her second dose of HepB. My twin girls are completely unvaxed. Very interesting to hear of the homeopathic remedies for humans and other animals to help out with vaxes. Thanks for sharing that info here!
Quote: Originally Posted by hotmamacita They were born at home in a small apartment downtown, both breech (frank and footling), Well over 8 pounds each. But of course I went past my due date so these babies were HUGE. WOW! You are my hero! I so wanted to have my babies at home. Bravo to you!
We may have to switch insurance to Kaiser (much to my chagrin) and I'm nervous about being a non-vax family in that bureacuracy. Just wondering if anyone has any experience. TIA, Betsy
Our story... I'm Betsy, 42, with ds Seth 10/31/96 (EIGHT years old : ) and DZ girls Audrey and Tess 9/19/00. I also had a "premonition" that I was pregnant with twins very early in my pregnancy. My birth with Seth was not what I had wanted, so I was determined to have a home birth my second time around. We weren't ttc (too much champagne on New Years Eve 1999!!!) and I was even on my period, but I had just stopped nursing Seth and my body was wacko! I was settling in...
Quote: Originally Posted by gotmilkmama Also I'm assuming you need to wash out the poop in toilet first. Actually, ALL poop should be dumped into a toilet; cloth diaper or disposable! Our landfills are not made to accept human excrement, especially with all the vaccine toxins that are excreted. Check out your diaposable diaper packages, they all say to put solid waste into the toilet before disposing (like we have time to read those packages,...
The thing that really got us through this stage was "trading" toys. If one of my children was trying to take a toy away from someone else I would hand them another toy and tell them to ask the other child if they want to "trade" for the toy they are now holding. If my child was refusing to "share" a toy I would offer them a toy to trade for what they were holding. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. If a child (mine or other's) refused to trade I would say "Audrey isn't...
It might be linked. When you are pregnant with multiples there is a higher level of hormones immediately, so it could read positive earlier. However, pregnancy tests are getting more sensitive all the time, and it might just be better technology. Most doctors will tell you that you may be farther along than you think you are, therefore the "early" positive. The only way to tell for sure is to get an ultrasound. I was seven weeks when I had my first one that showed two...
Thank you for sharing that, it looks really interesting. I'm going to do some research and see if our church might want to use it!