or Connect

Posts by party_of_five

Whoooo-Hooooo!! One of my chickens laid an EGG!! I bought 25(plus I got 3 extra from the hatchery) that were hatched the first week in October. We raised them from day old baby chicks. We lost 2 to illness, 3 or 4 to foxes, and 2 to a sneaky snake. In December we butchered 17 of them and left 6 hens for laying. They are about 30 weeks old now, and we have been checking the coop daily for the last 2 months for eggs. ITS ABOUT TIME GIRLS!!! I highly recommend...
me too!!
nak I've got little Logen here who was born July 1st. (right on time...it was his due date) He's tipping the scales somewhere around 18lbs. You can check him out at http://www.logensbirthday.50megs.com He has been crawling for a while now, and just figured out how to pull himself up on things. I'm ready to hobble the little guy...he's such an over-acheiver. He is a lot like my first. (he's #4 ) I had planned to wait until about 9mo to start solids, but he...
We just moved, and my mom got some of my mail. My issue happened to be in with some of the stuff she had for me. I laughed when I saw the cover. I'm sure she almost had a heart attack. (She never nursed any of us. I think she has some hang-ups) I think that the cover was awesome. My 2.5 year old agreed. She saw the cover and said, "Baby having momma mmmmm" and smiled.
I just wanted to say that using your receipts and stuff will work great. I put all of my junk mail into mine too.
Thanks again everyone! Its nice to know that he is normal. Even us experienced mommies can forget that sometimes I also didn't realize that the whole separation anxiety issues started this early. With all of my other kids it was more like a year before they did such things. Yes, I agree that it is nice to have a baby that loves you so much! He is a sweetheart! Thanks again for changing my outlook on this...you ladies are great!
Ok, for starters, yes, I know that you can't "spoil" a baby...I was being facetious. Boy, sometimes he sure seems spoiled! Like I said, he is my 4th baby. My 2nd and 3rd were high-needs. They wern't spoiled. LOL This little guy is a completely different game all together. Anyway, thanks for the help. I will love my little guy no matter what....spoiled and all! Oh, and FTR, my dh is a wonderful daddy, and really does his best to help me with the kids. He's...
Ok, this isn't a dire situation or anything, I'm just wondering if any of you have btdt and have some advice. My ds is my 4th baby. He is six months old now, and he is a complete mama's boy. He only wants mama 24/7. He breaks out into this ear piercing screach if I leave his sight for longer than a second. The same screach results if I try to put him down for longer than 3 or 4 minutes. (I am NOT exaggerating!) There is nothing wrong with him. He is healthy, and I...
I just found this thread, and I wanted to offer my support too. You are absolutely AMAZING!!! It is awesome that you have managed to deal with your precious baby and all of the problems you were having, and still have the strength and resolve to find a solution to your problem. What amazes me even more is that you are a first time mom. I thank God that my first baby was so easy going despite the stupid stuff I did (like ff, cio, and offer solids WAY too...
I just started my worm bin in a huge old chest type deep freeze. Its great, and the worms are "diggin it"! It sits out on the side of my barn. Its basicly my compost pile right now. I put in lots of leaves, some manure, newspaper, and I add some kitchen scraps when I have enough. (the chickens get the bulk of my scraps) I plan to turn the whole thing out in my garden next year, save some of the worms and start all over. Before we had it in there we were using a...