or Connect

Posts by fuller2

Congrats Miss Sonja!   My little guy turns 8 months old on Wednesday. Wow, that went fast. He's HUGE -- wears only 24-month-old clothes, off the charts in height and weight.  And very motivated: rolled over at 8 weeks and has been pulling himself up to stand and cruise for about a month now.  Crawls like a speed demon (though his belly is still not off the floor!). If he's not walking by the time he's 12 months I'll eat my hat.  (My first didn't walk until 15 or 16...
I've had him in the crib for about a week now -- he's within arms reach of me at night. He sleeps totally fine, same as before -- up a couple of times to nurse and then back to deep sleep easily.  Like before, his eyes don't even open because I sense him stirring and wake up. And I actually sleep a little better, I think, even with the more complete waking on my end/actually getting up --- because the knot in my chest is gone.   I thought about it but don't want to...
Thanks.  Alas, he's basically already too big for the cosleeper. The crib would be right next to the bed. I'd use it probably for a few months until I was definitely sure he could extricate himself from any problem.    I could get one of those cosleeping bolsters but I am not sure how that would be better right now since he could just end up mashing himself against the bolster. (I don't want to dismantle the bed & put the mattress on the floor.) I'm sure I'd still...
This is my 2nd baby. The first would move only to snuggle up closer to me -- I'd often wake in the morning with his nose almost touching mine (once he even started nursing on my nose!).  This one, though, has made me a little nervous almost from the start.  I even went out and got a crib while I was pregnant because I had a feeling I'd need it -- and I didn't even consider one with my 1st (who is now 9 years old). We haven't set it up yet but I think I will today. We...
Congratulations Halifax!
I did discover the front-facing in a ring sling carry and he does like it for a little while (10 mins or less).  But he must be around 17 lbs now that he's 12 weeks old -- in the 97th %ile for size -- and he barely fits IN the sling facing forward.  I will keep on trying as this seems to be the best we can do right now, but REALLY looking forward to when he gets a little bit better at holding up his head & sitting and we can just do a hip carry or something.  (I cannot...
I have a huge (15lbs) 10-week-old baby. He really, really wants to face forward, as in throws a fit until he's turned around on lap or in carrier, after which he is completely happy. I used a Bjorn with my 1st 9 years ago before I know about the supposed hip issues and it was great. Now though I don't feel comfortable using it...though I have tried a couple of times and indeed, my new little guy looked happier than in any other carrier.   I've used a Moby wrap a few...
Yes, I got pregnant right after an HSG after 18 months of nothing. My doctor & midwife both said they see this happen all the time, even (as in my case) when your tubes are not blocked.   I also recommend getting checked for uterine polyps -- this is a fairly new thing that they look for and having them apparently definitely affects fertility because they affect biochemical signaling in the uterus and prevent implantation. I also had a very small one removed in the...
I would like to announce the birth of my gorgeous baby boy on March 7 2012!  I had a very long labor but was with an amazing team of midwives at a great hospital here along with my amazing doula (who is also a homebirth midwife), a dear friend, my partner, and my 9-year-old (who was there to see little brother enter the world) -- and the whole experience was actually fantastic. Baby was 9 lbs 13 oz!   I did have to get an induction because of the discovery of low...
Congrats MissSonja!!!  Sending much stickiness to you!!   Last chance for free books y'all -- only one taken so far is Inconceivable by Julia Indichova. See my previous post for a list.  Tell me if you want one (or more) and I will mail to you.