or Connect

Posts by MamaLuna

Thank you very much ladies for your kind words. I am feeling much more positive today....I worked last night and when I arrived people were happy to see me. I felt appreciated and we had some good laughs. That definitely helps. Also, MIL and FIL actually invited us all to breakfast with SIL 1, SIL 2 and BIL, and we went. It was nice. I wonder if they were feeling guilty, or had some insight into including us? Any rate, today is a better day. And now I am off to...
zoesmummy, I also know how you are feeling. I have bouts of depression too (more of those days than the good days lately). I feel like I have no energy to be present for my kids. I find myself constantly trying to find things for them to do just so I can have peace from them and not have to give them my full attention (and continue to be in my dull mood...). Then I fell completely disgusted with myself, which makes me feel even more depressed...and so goes the cycle. ...
Hi Mamas, I have just been having a bad week and it just got worse today. I just need someone to listen to me. I am pursuing a degree, this is my final year. In order to get done on time, I am attending summer school and living on campus for 5 weeks because the college is a long enough commute from home that i need to. So living on campus has been kind of lonely, not only am I away from my family, but now I am surrounded by a bunch of strangers. I have tried to...
Though I have not had the time to read through all 8 pages of this thread, I do want to add my response. I want to thank you all for this thread. I would not say that my Waldorf experiences have come even close to being as negative as what some of you have unfortunately had to experience, I have still witnessed some things that have made me uncomfortable and downright angry and for the first time I feel justified in my observations. My son attends a newly formed...
to all of you sooo much for the wonderful insight and advice!! This has truly been helpful! The update today is that dd says that friend #1 has decided to be a friend again and that the reason for the dump is that her parents were on her case to hang out with other (more popular??) kids, to branch out in other words. Hhhmmm.... I mean, I can understand wanting your child to have more than one friend, but I also have to wonder what they have against my dd--other...
Hi, I haven't posted here in a while, but I could sure use some advice now! My dd is 11, in 5th grade. She has had the same 2 friends for the past year and a half. One of them she is particularly close to. Now, out of the blue, both friends have decided that they are not dd's friend anymore, they've completely dumped her, and been somewhat nasty to her to boot. So I know that this is something everyone goes through at some point in their lives, and I know it is an...
Quote: Originally Posted by julie128 How do you use freecycle? I just went there to try to unload the books, but couldn't figure out how to post or even how to view anything. Thanks. You have to see if there is a group in your area, here is the link for all the groups in CA: http://www.freecycle.org/display.php...20West%20Coast Then you have to join the group (you'll see where it says 'join' or 'go to' to the left of each location), which...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cardinal I feel bad for my son because we have sons close in age and they enjoyed each other's company. It is sad when the children suffer because a mom is a bad friend/person. When I was a kid, my mom had a falling out with the mother of my best friend in the whole world--probably the best friend I will ever have. And I still mourn that loss. We were prohibited from seeing or talking to one another after their...
OK...I saw the pictures....you are an inspiration to me!
I think I saw my DD's missing rainbow sweaters in one of those clothes piles!! I totally feel for you because I have the same overwhelming feeling of...Where do I even begin??!! I didn't read through all the posts, but, how's it goin? Did you post after pictures yet?