or Connect

Posts by lacysmommy

I called my MW today to set up my first appointment. I wanted to wait a while to get pregnant as they are constructing the birth center at the moment, but since this was unplanned, I take what I get. I thought they'd be finished with the construction by next summer. I found out, though, they are planning to have it completed by fall, and January at the latest! Woo! I will get to have a birth center birth locally after all! I don't want another home birth (my last one...
I just realized I haven't added myself to the list yet! I'm expecting #3 January 28th-ish.
I was scared to tell my mom, because while she is a fan of children (she had 5 herself) she thinks everything needs to be perfect for a family to bring another one into the world. Things are not perfect in my family (DH's employment is spotty because of the economy) but it wasn't that bad actually. We told her today. Rather, DD1 told her exictedly, as soon as she called us this afternoon. That was actually my preferred way to tell her! She took it a lot better than I...
We currently cosleep with our almost-3 year old, but we're going to try to transition her to her own bed and eventually into the other bedroom where DD1 sleeps. I'd like to have just one baby in my bed when the new one comes. We will probably cosleep for 3-4 years with this baby before she (look, I'm already making assumptions here!) moves into her own bed. Her stuff will probably be in my room and in the girls' room.
I've done one today and one yesterday (those were faint +), plus one two days before that (it was -). I'll probably test for a few more days. I'm due about the same time as you, too, and just found out yesterday. This is the earliest I've tested before.
Oh my gosh smells are intense for me. My sister has been talking about how she has to replace the carpet in her kids room becaue their frog tank broke about a year ago and the carpet molded or something, and I never really noticed the smell until today. And just a few minutes ago my DH farted in the other room and I thought I was going to die it stunk so bad. I'm mostly noticing bad smells unfortunately. I'm going to have to cut some herbs and put them up in places in...
Well, my DD1 basically night weaned during my pregnancy. I just couldn't provide access to her anymore, and she just nighweaned pretty easily. Since I didn't have a bun in the oven to convince DD2 to nightwean, I had to do it differently. I used Jay Gordon's technique and it worked beautifully. I blogged about my experiences here. I also have the link to Jay Gordon's nightweaning info in the first post (scroll all the way down). As far as tandem nursing to sleep,...
I'm starting to get excited now, but my DH is still processing this whole thing. I've been looking at baby hammocks and thinking about all the teeny tiny diapers I have in storage that I get to use again. And that new baby smell.... mmmmm. Guess what I picked up from the library today? Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Heh.
I've tried many natural remedies for allergies, and I'm considering doing gluten/dairy free during allergy season (which is going to be in full force in a few weeks for me) but my allergies are just too darned strong I guess. I just read that the allergy medicine that we have in our house (allergra-d) is class C and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable taking it. Not taking anything is not an option because my allergies are quite severe. I know benedryl is safer to take but...
I nursed through pregnancy 2 and my milk went pretty dry by 17 weeks when I stopped pumping (getting less than 1 oz per pump session). I didn't pump after that, but my DD kept on nursing through the pregnancy and tandem nursed for something like 18 months. I really hated nursing first tri though, and I'm working on weaning my almost-3 year old currently. I was already weaning before I got my BFP because I like them weaned around 3 yo. We're down to once a day and we'll...