or Connect

Posts by mammamouse

Honey? You do not have to be your parent's daughter. Honest to God. And the supreme court ruled a few years ago (THANK GOD) that Grandparent's have no "rights" to see their grandchildren. They HAVE NO RIGHTS. Not to see you, to see your child, to hold him, to visit, to call, to email. You are giving them the PRIVLEDGE to do those things. It is yours to revoke. I gave up my parents when my third was about to be born. They have never seen her. They don't even know baby...
Lizard's had it happen twice now- once while throwing a tantrum and trying to run away from me while I was holding her hand, and once while Daddy was playing rough. PLEASE consider seeing a chiropractor to get it checked. She shouldn't be favoring the arm more than a few hours after it's relocated. The first time it happened to Lizzy we met a Chiro friend at the playground, 2 little punches with a tool that looked like a syringe with a padded end and she was...
Miriam- sweetie YOUR ROCK!!!!
I never talked to Cigna personally. I've had 2 birth center births and one home birth, and something I learned early on - Let the midwives/office staff talk to the insurance company. They know what questions to ask the insurance company, and how to phrase things to get it covered if coverage is a possibility. IF I were to have called and siad "would you cover my homebirth" they most likely would have flipped out. After one of my birth center births we had a billing issue...
Our Cigna plan said they would pay birth center births out of network as an 80/20 split. My midwife was a Prof. Midwife and billed as a birth center. She said Cigna was one of the easier companies to get payments from. I made a few calls this afternoon and found the midwife she referred her clients to, so I'll call her tomorrow and see where things go.
OK- we had a lovely homebirth of Robby March 15. My insurance even agreed to pay the out of network PPO portion. So we paid Robin (the midwife) I think $900 which was the estimated portion we would need to pay out of pocket (she said she billed $2300 for a birth), and she was going to bill Cigna for the rest. OK? OK. I got a check in the mail today saying Cigna had been billed $2600 for the birth, our responsibility was $780, and they cut US a check for the remaining...
We were eating dinner at a salad bar last night. Another father with 2 little girls was at the next table and was occassionally watching us. He leaned over and guessed the kids ages to range from 6 months to 5 years. DH corrected him explaining they were 8, almost 6, almost 3, and 6 months. DS piped up with "Yep! I just turned 8, but I know I'm the size of an average 5 year old. I'm just small for my age." He said it so matter of fact. I know he's heard me explain it...
Hey Stirring leaf? You're just fine!I get housework issue-ish a lot too. www.flylady.net helped to a degree. It helped me establish a bit of routine (enough to be me but comfortably clean house-ish) and the best thing about it was ..... "Housework, even done imperfectly, still blesses your family." Sigh... I never knew it counted if it wasn't PERFECT! :LOL And a lot of LLL Leaders come from pretty screwy families. My old co-leader (I'm retired now) once told me that...
DS spent most of an afternoon doing this last month. Then he proceeded to explain a frogs skeletal structure/etc. He still brings it up occasionally...
Oh honey I'm just sitting here crying for you! DH is on IM with me, he's crying for you too! Our Robby baby was born the day before your little girl...... You be proud. You are strong, educated, and loving. You trusted your body, you birthed your child. Never let anyone else's hang ups take that away from you.