or Connect

Posts by Judegirl

Hi,   I haven't been on these boards since my dd was a toddler (she's 6), so for all I know you're already all over this possibility. :)  But just in case, I wanted to let you know that my dd has multiple food sensitivities, and what you describe is EXACTLY what we deal with when she's been eating gluten, dairy, corn or soy. One candy bar or slice of cheese and she's doing the echolalia (repeating words and phrases) thing and having major behavior issues. If your ds...
Hi all.... I don't post much anymore...but I pretty much "grew up" on MDC back in the day. Thought you guys might appreciate this: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?em Apparently, even the experts are coming around to saying that dirt is generally better for us than bleach (etc.)... Jude
Hi all.... I don't post much anymore (in fact, I didn't know there was a Green Living Forum now) but I thought this might be the best place to share this happy news: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?em Apparently, even the experts are coming around to saying that dirt is generally better for us than bleach... Jude
Oh, I'm sorry! I'm in NY. I've checked, but all I get is the text of the law - it doesn't say where I should send it, and it certainly doesn't tell me what to do if the school wants to send it to the state for us. Someone here said that in NY the school makes the decision, so I don't know...
It's so basic that I get a million unrelated responses when I try to send it. Do we send our exemption letter (religious) to the state health department, the (private) program our dd will attend, or somewhere else? We generally plan to hs, but are enrolling dd in a PT Montessori program for social reasons. It seems that the corporation that oversees the program wants to handle this - we send them the letter, and they file? I thought we had to file ourselves with the...
Thanks for the response...I posted here right away to maximize responses, but learned while waiting how difficult it is to get a medical exemption. It is very, very difficult. We'll not gamble our deposit on that possibility, then. Thanks again, Jude
Hi there, We were planning to enroll dd in a wonderful part-time Montessori program and did not think that her vax-free status would be an issue after talking with the director (long story, but I didn't realize they needed to be accountable to the state health codes). It turns out that they are subject to the law - and if we want to enroll her we need to provide a non-refundable deposit down tonight, about 2.5 hours from now. Her progressive-thinking homeopathic ND...
Yes, after I posted I realized what that sounded like, and I came back to change it. I did not mean it that way at all - I only meant that for me, the obligation to her to be her primary caregivers as she grows up is more meaningful and important than the obligation to pay back what I borrowed (yes, or stole, depending on your perspective). I honestly didn't mean it that way. I was so focused on trying not to sound defensive that I didn't worry at all about offensive....
Hi everyone, I want to thank all of you wh posted advice and support, and good ideas. I appreciate the many perspectives here, and the time that people took to post. We will look into Dave Ramsey, and, as I said, dh is looking for work on evenings and weekends. We are seeing a credit counselor soon, and will take it from there. We're getting rid of the cell phones etc. As for both of us working full-time and putting dd in care, yes, of course that makes sesnse. ...
No, student loans are not included. We'd be wiping out the $1200 in credit card debt in order to come closer to being able to pay the $1100 in credit card debt.