or Connect

Posts by hilhillrn

Just wanted to update this post!   I did have a successful (though very long and with a few issues) home birth! Benjamin was born 4 days past my due date on Dec 11, 2012 after 24 hrs of labor. My labor progressed very slowly for a third timer and my MW discovered around hour 22 that my cervix had a swollen lip and his head was asynclitic (sp?). She put 2 icecubes on the swollen cervical lip and it went down. Then she had me get on all 4s and she popped his head back...
I couldnt find a recent post about this... Ive read a lot about the Intex aquarium "fishy" pool, but it seems like everyone is sold out or they arent making them anymore or something. Can anyone recommend something similar? I see there is one on InHisHands.com for $38 with the same dimensions, anyone ever order that one? We cant afford to spend $200 on a birth pool right now. What is the minimum depth that you'd recommend for a kiddie birth pool?   Thanks so much!
Sorry if some of these sound like stupid questions, but I was just wondering...   1. How do you fill the tub up? With a hose? 2. How do you empty the tub when the birth is over, especially if it's in a room where its hard to get some place to empty it? 3. How do you keep the water warm in the tub?
Well, Ive really just always wanted to do it. I consider myself very informed about birth and the interventions that doctors and hospitals can push on you. I live in MS, a very birth unfriendly state (the hospitals around have some of the highest c-section rates) and while I didnt have terrible hospital deliveries, I believe that was because I WAS informed, stayed at home as long as possible to labor, etc. I lived in AL for my first pregnancy where homebirth with a mw is...
Just wanted to introduce myself. Im sure Ill be on here with a lot of questions within the next few weeks!    I am pregnant with my 3rd baby, a little boy after having 2 sweet girls. :) Both of their births were normal hospital births, never had any complications or interventions, really, just always wanted a homebirth. And with this baby probably being our last, and Ive always wanted a homebirth, we figure that now is our chance to do it how we want. Ive been seeing...