or Connect

Posts by Monaclaire

How has your experience been having 2 dc in 2 separate schools? My dyslexic ds and typical dd I transferred to Waldorf, but I don't see it working for dd wo is in 1st grade... and has been moving towards reading and writing since preschool and misses that academic aspect. 1st grade Waldorf is not challenging for her, plus I am not so sure about her teacher and having him for the next 8 years. The two schools would be such radically different in philosophy and teaching...
How has your experience been having 2 dc in 2 separate schools? My dyslexic ds and typical dd I transferred to Waldorf, but I don't see it working for dd who is in 1st grade and has been moving towards reading and writing since preschool and misses that academic aspect. 1st grade Waldorf is not challenging for her, plus I am not so sure about her teacher and having him for the next 8 years. The two schools would be such radically different in philosophy and teaching...
My 1st and 3rd graders will be starting Waldorf in the next week or two. I worry about them speaking out about not believing in Jesus come Christams time and Easter. Are these festivals taught in as faith based celebrabtions? There are so many issue I am worried about , but just want to touch on one for this thread.