or Connect

Posts by mommyammons

I remember driving myself crazy with my first trying to get get on a schedule. Fast forward 8 years and 5 kids and now we are totally go with the flow kind of people. We have a very loose routine of the basics (sleep, eat, bath, school) we homeschool so that does allow for more freedom. I've even noticed lately (I'm guessing because of the gloomy weather) that my kids have been sleeping in pretty late which results in a late breakfast, late lunch, late nap for 2 yr...
Thank you silver sparrow! I appreciate your support and suggestions. I was really regretting my original posts until I got to your response. This is my 5th child and I didn't enter into this decision lightly. If I felt that my children (who I believe I know best) were not emotionally or physically capable of handling the experience then I would not include them. I specifically said that my doula (who is also a close friend) is 100% prepared to comfort or take care of...
here is a little more advice that I wish I had known....apparently it took me a little while to catch on (guess I was sleep deprived...lol) Use the bathroom (if possible) before sitting down to nurse baby bc as a new mother it's often difficult to hold your pee for any length of time and it's also difficult to get pants down, wipe, pants back up, and wash hands, all while nursing a baby (trust me, I know) Also grab a snack and definitely something to drink before you sit...
The girls have been given the choice to either stay with the sitter (like their brothers) or come along to the hospital! They have both decided to come along, so once we are there, they will have no option but to stay. If they absolutely need a break, then they will have to hang out in the delivery room bathroom. We do not live near family and have a very limited support system. There really isn't anyone else that I'd want to be around. In the case of emergency, my...
mmm...I'm thinking that fruits sounds really good and also the smoothie, but I don't think that will travel well :)    And I may not even want to eat...I was just so excited to be "allowed" to!
I'm actually not planning on having someone there specifically for them.  I will have my husband and a doula and the doula is prepared to assist them if needed.  But they are 7 and 8 and both extremely self proficient.  They are the oldest of 4 almost 5 :)  I plan to bring them things to keep them occupied and to eat.  They are both very excited to see their baby sister being born, so I don't think they'll want to go home and if they do then they'll just have to deal...
At my second birth which was pitocin induced I tried my best to resist the epidural, but in the end I gave in.  It was actually the best epidural experience ever.  My nurse was so sweet, she let me lean on her and hugged me like she was my momma!  As soon as I laid back down, I was numb and she told me I was ready to push!  She actually said if I pushed the baby out b4 dr. got there not to worry bc she had done this before :) I pushed her out in 5 min just after the dr....
Then of course, my doctor was out of town so I ended up with the oldest dr. ever!  He insisted on breaking my water at 4cm, attaching the internal monitor on the babies head and got very irritated when I told him I did not want those things.  He said " I have to keep the baby alive"  What?!  I believe I'm the one that has been taking care of this baby for the last 9 months and will continue to do so for the next 18 years, but you have to attach a probe to its head to...
I've been reading through this thread for 3 days just waiting to get to the end so I could add my own.    I think my first was probably the worst with the stupid comments.  36 hour labor with contractions starting at 3 min. apart.  We of course rushed to the hospital bc it was my first and I had no idea how bad the contractions where actually going to get.  I remember sitting at the registration desk breathing through contractions and saying "I'm about to have this...
So...I think an update is in order Martha? Tracie?