or Connect

Posts by mommyammons

Thanks Banana! I just want them to feel included and part of the process! We have two boys too, 5 and almost 3, but the girls seem a little threatened by the new baby Mostly bc it's a girl I presume.
Thanks Banana! I just want them to feel included and part of the process! We have two boys too, 5 and almost 3, but the girls seem a little threatened by the new baby Mostly bc it's a girl I presume.
My two daughters 8 and 7 are going to be in the delivery room with me.  We are planning a natural (possibly water) birth.  I think they are adequately prepared as far as what to expect...mom in pain, mom crying, blood, goo, and so on.  But I was hoping to give them a sense of involvement as well as just being present.  Any ideas on "jobs"  that I could give them. 
I'm 35 weeks with my 5th baby and gearing up for birth.  This will be my first natural experience though and I am delivering at a natural friendly hospital with a midwife.  She told me that I can bring snacks if I want to munch on through labor.  I've never been allowed to eat during labor before, so I have no idea what to bring.   Any suggestions?
I know I'm a little late on this post, but what about emptying the water before you head down the stairs with them?
I'm planning my first natural birth after having 4 traditional hospital experiences.  We are still going to birth at a hospital but at one with a much more natural birth friendly atmosphere.  We are using a midwife and most probably a birthing tub.     I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has dealt with vulva varicose veins during pregnancy and what positions were most comfortable and helpful during birth.     I've had these with the past two births but...
I've never tried the EC, but I can say that using underwear at home and diapers on the run are awesome for potty training.  My first daughter potty trained this way at 16 months.  (don't get too excited, she was the only one out of 4 who PT before 2 yrs.)  I actually remember being able to bring her out and about with only undies on at 16 months.  Everyone thought I was sooo brave.  But I simply didn't see the need to put a diaper on my daughter who hardly ever had...
hmmm....my uterus did measure big with baby number 4, but it wasn't until later in pregnancy (around 25 weeks)  We did an ultrasound and discovered that I had excessive amounts of amniotic fluid.  Which in turn resulted in a large baby 9lbs 3oz.  I actually looked like I was carrying twins and often heard the comment "are you sure there is only one in there?"