or Connect

Posts by beaandbunny05

It's just hard because it seems like since her mom's never around, she never has to deal with her, so she doesn't care how she behaves. I mean, when I watch her or my husband watches her, she's perfect. Never a problem. She has lots of energy, loves playing outside, sits down and gets her homework done.. she doesn't wine, only cries if she's actually sad or hurt, and is just such a relaxed child. But, as soon as her mom's the one watching her, it feels like all she does...
I help take care of 3 children. My mother-in-law is the legal guardian to all of them. Whenever the 8-year-old wants something, she starts crying, but only when the one who decides whether or not she gets it is her mom. She is such a brat sometimes... I mean, tonight, she threw a huge fit because at 8:30 at night, she was jumping up and down in her room, slamming into things, and making a lot of noise (we have a neighbor right below us). Her mom told her that it was time...
Here you can go on Craigslist and get free firewood, or firewood free on the side of the road. Problem is, if it's outside of the city at all, most people don't have cars and can't afford to take the bus to get to it. So it is available, just not easily accessible. However, most people here live in hotels (the type that's filled with cockroaches and the floors are rotting out, not the nice hotels with comfy beds and big swimming pools) so there's usually no heat in the...
I think my 18-year-old self would be pretty happy with my 19-year-old self. I think my 13-year-old self would be much more shocked though. I didn't stick to my plan and become a teacher. I didn't stay with the guy I was dating at 13, who I swore I was in love with. I didn't graduate from high school, got my GED instead. I moved to Vermont (thought I'd live in New Hampshire with my parents, or at least really close by). I decided to become a pediatrician, which at 13 I'd...
I don't have any crazy family issues like that. I thought my parents wedding anniversary was on October 21st, so I called to say Happy Anniversary. I thought it was their 32nd. I was wrong on both accounts. It was the 19th, and they'd been married 33 years. Oops!   My mom started laughing, told me I was a fool, and thanks for calling. She spent the next hour talking about everything going on there, not about her anniversary. She told me she made dinner for her and my...
I have tons of different colored nail polishes and a lot of different make up, but I don't really wear it. I wore a little for my wedding, and I wear different colors of nail polish depending on the holiday (orange for Halloween, red & green sparkly for Christmas.. things like that). I feel like people who wear a lot of make up tend to give off the wrong impressions (not trying to judge, just stating my personal opinion). People who wear really bright colors tend to...
The city that I live in in Vermont has about 20,000 people. Granted, we didn't get much damage from the hurricane, but, if we had, it would have been a huge pain. In the city, most people live in hotels and apartments, which the government typically pays for. Those who can't get assistance from the government normally are homeless. Food shelves are huge around here. Hannaford, Walmart, and Price Chopper constantly donate to the food shelves because otherwise, people...
I've dabbled a little in Spanish, French, Japanese, and sign language. Those are the ones I'd really like to learn. To me, Japanese came the easiest, but French and Spanish had enough similarities that after learning some words in Spanish, words in French were easy to figure out. As for sign language, I just find it interesting that you can communicate without speech. Although since I don't know all of the medical terms in English yet, it may be pretty close to...
A book that I read stated that some people find owls offensive, as well as Mt. Rushmore... With so many things that are considered taboo, how do you make sure that your speech is always clear from things that could be offensive without using technical jargon that no one can understand?
meemee, thank you that was incredibly helpful. I've taken a few classes in Early Childhood Education (took them in high school but did the program where they become college credits) so I know a little, but I'd still like to learn more. I thought about taking some parenting classes just so that I'd be able to see what types of things parents should learn. I know there isn't too much diversity up here in Vermont, but I wanted to get more knowledgeable of other cultures...