or Connect

Posts by Dom1882

It has always happend but before it was just afew days at a time. Now she seems to be set this way. We went to visit her family over christmas whom live in a different country so don't see her much at all. Ofcourse they spoilt her rotten, And ever since then its been like this. But I can't say its from that because she also visited in the summer and everything seemed okay afterwards. Another big problem is that I work away for sometimes anything upto a month, this...
Hi guys I've posted here a few times regarding my soon to be stepdaughter but now I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown!! Basically the situation is, my fiance's daughter will be 4 in April. And i have been in her life for over a year now. We all live together and I am a major part of her life, I pick her up from kindergarten everyday while her mum still works etc.. and I am no stranger to her. But her behaviour towards me is like a slinky and I just don't now what to...
Hi thanks for your replies!   In answer to your question my partner said she thinks I am too strict sometimes when i put the little one in her bedroom when she starts to scream uncontrolably over the smallest things, But in my opinion she needs to calm down alone in her room until its even worth trying to explain to her why she was naughty etc etc..I guess that she is just alot more sympathetic to her crying, I understand what you mean about thinking to yourself...
HI       So my Fiance's daughter is almost 4, and is an absolute angel when im with her alone, ive noticed and read alot about how whiny kids can be at this age and she is the same, if I say something she doesn't like the bottom lip starts to wobble, but as soon as i tell her to calm down and its not so bad etc etc she is fine. BUT when her mom arrives home then things just get crazy, she constantly screams and the "I WANT I WANT" starts, Im not sure if this is an...
I personally am going through the exact same thing at the moment, except i'm in the situation of your other half. I also recently posted asking for help and I can see now that it is a very common problem, People suggested in my thread to maybe try having some one on one time with just your daughter and your partner? and then the same with you, so its not like when you are together you only have attention for eachother and leaving her feeling resentful towards him. Also...
Hi guys,                 Thankyou all very much for your advice, it just so happened that i have had this week off work and have been able to pick up the little one from kindergarten early instead of her mum, so it made it alot easier to spend one-on-one time together and i have to admit she has been great, she seems to accept me completely when mommy isn't around and has been a total angel in terms of her behaviour in general and towards me. BUT it is because of this...
HI!        Yes before i came along it was just her and her mom. As her dad left when she was quite abit younger, however she still has some contact with her dad, but he lives in different countires so maybe just skype once every two weeks or so..I know that there is definately nobody saying negative things to her about me, as we are together the majority of the time apart from when she goes to kindergarten,  I can understand that children get jealous, but she obviously...
Hi guys, I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post this as this is my first post. I have read afew similar threads but not quite the same as my own current situation. So to start with yes im male (im aware this site is called mothering but its shocking how few quality sites there are for men around!) Basically i have been with my fiance for over a year now and her daughter is 3 and a half, in the beginning of our relationship I understood that her...