or Connect

Posts by greenonmaple

I will definitely try that, thank you!  
It's through the whole feed.  Do you have any ideas of what that might indicate?  He isn't fussy when he pulls off and like I said, I can latch him right back on.  Would that maybe prevent me from producing enough hind milk?  I can tell as it gets longer into the feed that my milk gets whiter, it's more translucent at the beginning.  When he pulls off during let down, yes, milk is spraying and I let it slow down into a blanket.  I can't feel when I let down so I can't...
I'm really not concerned about my supply...most of the time when I pump, I get around 2 ounces from each side-except for when I pump after nursing, of course.  I get 2 let-downs in about 20 minutes when nursing...he usually chokes and sputters and pulls off for a bit.  Something else that I forgot to mention, he won't stay latched on.  He pops on and off the whole time he's nursing but I never have an issue getting him to latch back on so, I think, he's still getting a...
You have certainly eased my mind, thank you so much!  I found an IBCLC close to where his appointment is on Wednesday...don't know if we'll make it over there with this hurricane though.  They list their fees on their website and it's $75 for an hour or $125 for 2 hours...I really can't afford that!  I'm unemployed, lost my job at 3 months pregnant and make a whopping $198 a week.  I sent an email to see if they can help at all or if they can suggest someone else who...
He always gets sleepy about 10 minutes in but doesn't always fall asleep.  I can usually rouse him enough to go for a little longer.  This morning he nursed for about 15 minutes on each side and then I gave him 2 ounces of formula.  I will try stripping him down to his diaper and see if that helps.  When I pump after he nurses, I usually get less than an ounce from each side, sometimes it barely covers the bottom of the pumping bottle...I assumed this was good?  Will...
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a tongue tie-his pediatrician at the Children's Hospital commented that he "has a beautiful breastfeeding tongue" and of course his regular doctor has looked in his mouth a few times, too.  I'd love to cut back on the amount of formula he's getting but don't want to see another loss of weight or not enough gain to satisfy his pediatrician when we go back.  I tried weighing him on my scale at home, which is digital and measures ounces, and...
Hi ladies!  My baby boy was born 4 weeks ago tomorrow.  We got off to a bit of a rough start-he had a big bruise on his head from descending crooked and had bad enough jaundice that he was admitted to the children's hospital for a night of phototherapy 5 days after he was born.  As he was being discharged the next morning, my blood pressure went sky high and then I was admitted to the hospital next door for 2 nights for a magnesium sulfate drip.  As you may know, the mag...