or Connect

Posts by cresorchid

"Speaking of selfish mommies....a woman at the gym told my mom that she "tried" BFing her first baby and she "couldn't stand it" so she stopped. And didn't even try with her second, who's now two months old. My mom wisely didn't tell me this till AFTER we left the gym, because I would have asked her to define "couldn't stand" I mean, did it hurt? Were you uncomfortable because you buy into society's sexualization of our mammary glands? Did you have a low supply? Inverted...
Angel, it IS illegal to kill a cat. Report it to the authorities. If your fil was bragging so much, he won't know that it was you who turned him in! That is horrible–and what a sicko to think it's funny or that other people would appreciate it! And what sept babies were lost? I haven't heard a thing about it. Have I been in outer space or something?
I don't read the pagan parenting mags that I've seen because I've tried them and after awhile they just get boring. I mean, they are much like beginner's books on wicca/paganism. Once you know how to do a ritual, beyond some good ideas for rituals or alternative ideas on how to share your faith with kids, there isn't much that's interesting. I mean, after reading the 10th or 20th version of how wonderful it was to go walking in the woods, I get it. But they seem to...
I'm kinda done. Boy, that sounds silly. I'm a single parent, had both by AI. My 1st is now 17 1/2 yo. My 2nd (last) is just about 3 mos. I won't have any more children because I'm just too old really (42). It took me a year to get pregnant with my precious "little bug" and I don't think I would succeed if I tried again. Plus, I don't believe in having a larg family when there is such overpopulation. At the same time I'm already sad that I won't be having another. I just...
Yes, it's amazing how kids learn and you never know when they will pick things up or from where. When I was a child, I was the youngest in the neighborhood. Everyone else was at school and I was horribly jealous of them. So I kept asking to look at their books. I guess I was lucky in that the local school was using a phonetic reading system. I learned it all by myself at age 3 and kept on reading from then on. I'm still a big reader. My father on the other hand was...
I would use the lined paper with a dotted line in the middle to start teaching them. This does not mean that I would expect them to be able to follow or stay on the line all the time, but it gives the child some guidance which is helpful while learning to write. As for the size of the spaces between the lines, I would not be too concerned. I would look for something which is at least 1 cm. between the bottom line and dotted line and also between the dotted line and...
Just for the record, if you go vegan, you are automatically kosher. Except perhaps for the passover section of the year–not sure about that. At any rate, any vegan board should be helpful since all recipes there will be kosher.
Quote: Originally Posted by clovergirl new here and asking for help! i'm looking for a healthy cookie or bar recipes to use as a filling snack for my 5 and 1yr olds... anyone have suggestions? they have been eating way too many tings and snap pea crisps these days. : i'm thinking something with nut butter for protein and maybe some dried fruit, vegan would be a plus. i've searched my cookbooks and can't find anything to fit the...
I have a yogurt maker just because that way I can be sure the stuffstays at the right temp. I tried without the maker and it was hit-or-miss. As for flavoring, make as much as you like, plain, then flavor one serving at a time. I use about a teaspoon of maple syrup and then cut up fruit of whatever fruit I want. Frozen fruit is great for lunchboxes, etc. It keeps the yogurt chilled and has defrosted by the time you want to eat.
I keep seeing that on the boards and am totally confused.