or Connect

Posts by sociostud

I learnt this recipe in Nepal, they make it twice a day:   Heat oil in a pot, add onion. Add 1 cup of lentils (they use mixed lentils, but you can also do it with either regular or orange lentils), stirr, add graped ginger, garlic, one teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander (powder), a little bit of chilli, salt, then add 4-5 cups water and let it cook for about 30 minutes. It's delicious with rice and vegetables on the side.
I made a potato and parsnip soup with sage the other day, it was fantastic... I simply mixed potato with parsnip, sage, water and a little bit of almond milk, salt and pepper, and let it cook for 30 minutes, it was delicious!
Hi,   I can understand what you mean, I know it seems weird at the beginning... But having studied for 12 years in a Waldorf school, I really enjoyed it! In my school, there were people who followed the "strict" rules, but lots of people just did not and I believe it was fine: every parent should be able to decide what is good for their children, especially if they enjoy singing with the radio! Regarding the lack of science and readings... I can only say that it...
Hi, I didn't grow up in a strict anthroposophical family, but I went to a waldorf school and did all the things that go with... And I will do the same with my children! I don't think you really need to follow everything, but there is no other school where there is such a community spirit, where children do so much by themselves, and where they can have the freedom to express themselves like that. I loved all the music, the drawings, sewing, knitting, everything we...
Could you recommend me some blogs? I love cooking and I am always interested in learning more...
Hi, I became a vegetarian when I went to Nepal and learnt how to cook many nutritious meals without meat. What's more, there are many ways you can combine foods so that it makes proteins you don't usually get without meat. The easiest way is to combine rice with lentils, a classic in Indian and Nepali cuisine. They often serve basmati rice with daal, a lentil soup they pour over the rice, and then vegetables on the side. This makes up a great meal, you can make the...
At the moment, I don't know why, but I just love oat, I could have it every day, be it in cookies, oatmeal, cakes... It tastes so great!
Hi, I don't know if you've decided on the doll you wanted yet, but I had a few waldorf dolls when I was a kid, and I still have them now, over 20 years later... Really, they were my favorite, I took them everywhere with me, and yet they still look nice.   If you want to find other dolls, I really like the Käthe Kruse dolls http://www.kaethe-kruse.de/en/16/2bdb1bfb3fec0966511b0557452f6810/start.html   Otherwise, if you have a Waldorf/Steiner school not far from...
With the weather getting colder and colder, I'm really into soups at the moment, all kinds of soups... Yesterday, I made an amazing daal. I love making it, because I went to Nepal, and they taught me how to make it Nepali way, so it's always good memories to make it at home.
Hello everyone,   I am a student in sociology, and I am doing my final thesis on natural birth in Quebec, focusing on a holistic approach. I have talked to many doulas so far, but midwives are very busy, so I was wondering if any of you know midwives personally, that you could recommend me...   Thanks in advance for your help.