or Connect

Posts by JonesiesGirl

If it is from a beta carotene source I would think it is okay? I'm no expert but I have read that the retinol source is the problematic one. I think this is why it's not recommended to eat liver and pate and such, but there is no problem with eating lots of carrots. Not everything natural is safe, of course, but I don't think there would be any problem with your particular supplements. The recommendation against taking ordinary multivitamins is because most contain the...
Thank you so much for those tips! I've heard good things about the Britax seats as well. The Britax First Class Plus looks really great. We're short people so I am not too concerned about legroom and such, and if I can get even a couple more months from that than from an infant seat then it's totally worth it. I hadn't even considered convertible seats but there's no reason why we couldn't just use it to 13kg only. Did you use the First Class Plus from birth? If so, did...
I'm still nauseated as well. It's awful that there are so many of us! I'm lucky that I didn't have any puking (except on ferries and such), but that's not as much consolation as I thought it would be. Hopefully we all start to feel better very soon! My midwife said that if nausea persists after the first trimester, it would usually go away between 18-20 weeks. And that if it lasted after 20 weeks then it would probably not go away until baby is born. :(   Sila - that...
I'm car-free in the UK and expecting my first in November. We would like to get a safe car seat to use in taxis or rental cars. The situation in the UK is most people seem to use infant seats and then switch to FFing after 13kg. So after baby outgrows her first car seat we will need to switch to a Swedish ERF seat, and I would obviously like to delay that as long as possible as it seems like they are not easy to fit in strange cars! So I am trying to find an infant seat...
I don't believe in the concept of superfoods as such. I eat lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and I get what I need from that. I do think it's a bit strange that the author of this article harps on about how wonderful it is that quinoa is a complete protein. It is a decades-old myth that most plant-based sources of protein are "incomplete." A lot of seemingly reputable sources are still propagating that myth, but I wish people would do a bit more research before...
By the way I did ask my midwife if it is normal for a baby not to move at all like that, and she said it was. It didn't make me feel any better, but she was not concerned at all.
Kamiro - I can't answer all your specific concerns, but at my 13 week ultrasound the baby hardly moved at all. For fifteen minutes the sonographer had me rolling over and stabbed me repeatedly with the wand. I don't have much abdominal fat and she was poking really hard with the wand. She even said "I'm not worried because I can see a heartbeat" which really freaked me out! Baby finally moved a tiny bit (not even enough for me to see) and we got the measurements. Anyway we...
I love reading all these tips! My headaches have basically resolved at this point. I am still drinking two (weak) cups of flavoured green tea each morning, and I definitely notice a difference if I have them a bit late. It might well be a caffeine addiction only at this point, or it could be that it's actually treating the headaches.  I am going to try to wean myself off it but I'm not overly concerned about it as it is a small amount of caffeine in any case. 
Thanks for posting those zumba links, Kamiro! Funnily enough one of them is from a Scottish TV network, I've never seen zumba on TV here though. :) And that is so so scary about your DD! I'm so glad she was found quickly, but it must have been so scary for you, I can't even imagine.    I'll be interested to see if we do end up changing our minds about a swing or bouncy seat or whatever. At the moment I'm assuming we won't need one as DH works from home and sets his...
Hippy - They don't even say why they won't reveal it. They just have signs up all over the scanning department that they won't tell you so don't even mention it to the sonographer. I'm guessing it's either because it's considered a waste of resources to look, or maybe they are concerned about sex selection terminations. But almost all UK hospitals do reveal it so who knows. The cosleepers I have looked at don't seem at all useful for moving around the house, especially...