or Connect

Posts by SonjaStahl

No I am not underestimating Tetanus but yes you are correct that I misstated that Tetanus comes from "Rusted" metal only. Usually though in cases where Tetanus is prolific the sanitary conditions are quite dismal, with a higher chance of rusty deteriorating metal around coming into contact with the livestock. There is a reason people are told to avoid rusted metal and the horror stories from the turn of the centuries of people contracting Tetanus from rusted metal are...
Tetanus can only thrive and live on rusted metal that has been in contact with livestock infected with the virus. This disease became a huge problem during the industrial revolution when much agriculture and farming became severely industrialized and sanitary conditions were abruptly changed. In this day and age the likelyhood of a piece of rusty metal to have been in contact with livestock infected with the disease is extremely unlikely. It's even unlikelier that that...
Sassyfirechick -  I drink my vitamin C mixed in water, about a half glass full with 4 grams at a time. (My maximum dose.) I don't know what kind of vitamin C you were using but it definitely was not pure ascorbic acid if it was sweet at all. Pure ascorbic acid is quite sour and can be intense to drink in large doses. I chase mine with plenty of water. Adding sea salt is good for you and helps the flavor, as well as drinking it in juice, tea (not hot, that'll oxidize it!)...
My family takes our health very seriously and very very rarely have even a cold pass through our home.   My family is lucky enough to share our land with a few beautiful bovines so we drink plenty of raw milk, and consume high amounts of cultured raw milk (soured) that has about a million different kinds of probiotics in HUGE quantities so I attribute a lot of our good health to that. That and lacto-fermenting vegetables all the time, super power house food that is...
My family takes our health very seriously and very very rarely have even a cold pass through our home.   My family is lucky enough to share our land with a few beautiful bovines so we drink plenty of raw milk, and consume high amounts of cultured raw milk (soured) that has about a million different kinds of probiotics in HUGE quantities so I attribute a lot of our good health to that. That and lacto-fermenting vegetables all the time, super power house food that is...
I too have a son who's never set foot in the hospital. He's 19 months, robust, 3 feet tall and 36 pounds! He was born at home and has only had his midwife check-ups at birth to 6 weeks. The way my family sees it, people should go to the hospital for trauma (broken bones, concussions etc..) or to die. If neither of that is happening I see no reason to bring him in there and expose him to all the sickness in there. I have absolutely no faith for doctors knowledge as I have...
oops! Don't know how to delete those! Sorry!
Wow 45 acres! You can do so much with that amount of land depending if you have; water/water rights, building sites approved and so on. I would definitely check out Joel Salatins books "You can farm" and "Family friendly farming." He's got a ton of books but those seem to be the most relevant to you. He's all about pasture rotation and how if you preserve the health of your pasture, that in turn transfers to the health of your animals. We currently only live on 1 1/2...
Wow 45 acres! You can do so much with that amount of land depending if you have; water/water rights, building sites approved and so on. I would definitely check out Joel Salatins books "You can farm" and "Family friendly farming." He's got a ton of books but those seem to be the most relevant to you. He's all about pasture rotation and how if you preserve the health of your pasture, that in turn transfers to the health of your animals. We currently only live on 1 1/2...