or Connect

Posts by Jennisee

Quote: Originally Posted by lmonter You are so adventurous. I just really like raspberries. I'm tired of spending hours picking tiny, seedy wild ones, and the closest U-pick raspberry farm is over an hour away, so I'm taking matters into my hands. Quote: I want to say Heritage (red raspberry, right? - I honestly am not sure what raspberry we have in our garden since they came with the house along with the monstrous lilacs),...
In a cold frame, you could get away with planting a month before your average last frost date, if not a month and a half.
With my first, I didn't have a garden until she was 2 years old. She was THAT clingy and intense. She nursed all the time and would only nap in my arms and had a lot of separation anxiety. With my second, he was a super-easy, sleep-anywhere baby UNTIL 4 months old. Up until that point, I was able to do some backyard gardening and canning. But once he turned 4 months and woke up to the world, he became super-clingy and I had no spare time whatsoever, not even for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazy Gardens No, you can't make requests for germ plasm from this place. It's an archive and research collection. Ask your county extension agent (look them up in the internet - name of county, state and "agricultural extension agent") which varieties are best for your area. Their website should have lists of recommended varieties for your county. Oh, I have my local Extension's list of raspberries cultivars right...
I'm hoping to plant a big raspberry patch this spring, and I could use some recommendations for the best cultivars. I'm in Zone 5 central Illinois, so think "hot" and "drought tolerant." I'm especially interested in old-fashioned and heirloom cultivars, but I am a bit scared about disease resistance. Any recommendations? When I was Googling "heirloom raspberries," I found the National Clonal Germplasm Repository. Anyone know anything about it? I'm thinking about...
Quote: Originally Posted by SunCB Wondering if there is a Yahoo group for this or if this site, gotmidwife.blogspot.com, is the only spot to check. I live in OH but have several family and friends in IL as this is where I am from originally. I emailed them and asked them to support it before the 13th so I want to do that again if needed. Thanks, LM Yep, Illinois Families for Midwifery has a Yahoo group. ...
I've written my representatives multiple times about this and have been emailing friends and family. I received a canned response from Senator Durbin about how great the bill is, with NO mention of the exemptions I wrote about, so I'm thinking maybe I should call his office instead.
Oh my goodness, that is incredible. Great job!
You know I love your pantry posts!
My DH has an Excel spreadsheet where he enters every purchase we make and labels what budget category it goes into. We just make sure to get receipts for everything, even cash purchases, and he will enter the stack of receipt every few days. The spreadsheet is really helpful because with the click of a button, he can see how much we've spent in a specific budget category or at a specific store. It also simplifies budget-making because we can see exactly how much we...