or Connect

Posts by Jennisee

For the 4.5 year old: Felt story board box Stuffed monster doll (Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba) For the baby: Taggie toys Stuffed fruit--apple, pear, etc. I also think I'm going to make fairy crowns for my friend's daughters. My plan is to make a wire circle and cover it with strips of fabric and dried flowers.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thystle Even poor kids want what everyone else wants/already has. It would look REALLY bad to the boss to hand them back, plus you HAVE the money to do it. Walk up to a "poor" kid who knows they will get nothing for xmas and ask them what they "wish" for. Do you really think the kid is going to debate in their head to keep the cost low and not appear greedy? It's xmas and they have VERY little. "Santa" is supposed...
In the past 10 years, the only Black Fridays I've skipped have been the years where I had infants, and since I have an almost-8-month-old, I'll be skipping this year as well. However, we've cut our holiday spending so far back that I'm not sure it would have even been worth it to go out this year any way. I may do a little online shopping, though--a lot of the small businesses on HyenaCart.com and Etsy.com do Black Friday sales. It seems like Menards, CVS, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by kennedy444 Saying "maybe" is rude, like they are watiting for something better to come along. Quote: Originally Posted by Viola I feel like if you can't commit, just say no. Agreed! I think a "maybe" can be ok if you explain to the host WHY you're giving a maybe. "We want to come to the party, but we won't know until that week whether my vacation request is approved by my boss." But...
We will be on time, the meal will be an hour late, and MIL will be snippy because she thinks we're rushing her. Everything served will be white or brown (turkey, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, cheesecake), and there will not be a fresh fruit or vegetable in sight. The in-laws will make not-so-subtle comments about how we're depriving our kids by not letting people literally buy them 50 presents each. We will play pinochle, and DH's grandmother will use the...
She sounds like an incredible woman and mother. Congratulations to her and her family!
I think we paid $1.79 this weekend in rural central Illinois.
Welcome! I'm in central Illinois.
Just bumping this back up for you. As you know, I'm 20 miles southeast of Decatur, so in the opposite direction as Lincoln.
Quote: Originally Posted by Erin Pavlina Last I heard it was on the bubble and my not be picked up. Oh gosh, I hope they don't cancel it. Time to start playing it up to everyone I know.