or Connect

Posts by helenh

Thanks ladies! She is in the 75th percentile for weight and above the 95th percentile for height. Her daddy is 6'5" so she will be a tall girl!
Pokey and Spotty, I agree with you both! The postpartum phase was so incredibly hard and I'm not sure I could handle it again....for a while there I really did think we made a mistake Not many new moms talk about that. My feeling is that they want to love this time but can't admit that it's hell. I don't mind telling people!
I don't know about you ladies but I sure do miss being pregnant!  I see pregnant women and I ache a bit inside.....so crazy since I'll be 40 in July and DH is 52.  We have all we can handle with Emily and I can't imagine being pregnant with her as a toddler.  AF returned in January and has been pretty regularly since then....pretty much the same as before.  My milk supply has dropped quite a bit and I'm only nursing 2x each day (morning and bedtime).  My boobs are almost...
This is Emily at 10 months old.  She loves to terrorize the cats, pull mommy's hair, and climb the stairs.....all the way to the top!  She is close to standing on her own and is a little speed racer at crawling.  She has 2 teeth and loves to feed herself with finger foods.  She says "mama", "dada", and "eeee" in a really high-pitched tone, which means "kitty".  She's an amazing little girl and I am so proud to be her mommy!
Yay! Glad you're feeling better kitteh....
Oh honey that sucks! I've had it twice. Use moist heat (diaper filled with hot water compressed on the red area or a hot shower) then nurse or pump immediately after. Need to nurse or pump every 2 hours for a 24 hour period. When finished nursing or pumping apply a cool pack to reduce the swelling. You've got to keep that breast emptied and pull out that infection. Also get lots of rest....it's a sign that you are run down. If the fever doesn't go away in 48 hours. You...
Glad you hear you guys are on the mend....being sick sucks! Emily had her fist shots yesterday (DTaP and Rotovirus). We held off on shots but since we have air travel planned to visit family in a few weeks, we didn't want to risk her getting sick. She's been super fussy all day and will only eat about 2 oz at a time. She also has a red streak on her leg where the DTaP shot was given. It's very sore to the touch and warm. She is running a low-grade fever and has an...
Hi Mommas! Emily has started teething.....YIKES! Lots of drool, viciously chewing on her fists (and everything else). Sleeping patterns are off and she's not been too interested in food over the past couple of days. This morning, she has a low grade fever and is really fussy. DH has been freezing her paci then dipping it in ice water and giving it to her before she'll take her bottle. When I nurse her, she pulls off frequently and is generally disinterested/distracted...
We have the same issues with a shallow latch while side lying but I contributed it to Emily's tongue tie issues. Fortunately the glider in the nursery has turned out to be the best spot for nursing and we can get a good latch. We co-slept for 8 weeks and transferred Emily to her crib...it's worked out really well. Everyone seems to sleep more soundly. She usually goes down by 8pm and wakes up around 3am. We give her a quick bottle (I also pump) and she's back down until...
Kitteh, I'm nursing her twice a day.....once in the morning,around 6am and then in the evening when I get home from work. With the morning feed she seems to be getting enough but in the evening, she falls asleep on the breast and needs to have a bottle in order to go down for the night. I certainly feel like a slave to my pump....3x during the work day, then around 10pm and again at 3am. DH and celebrated our 10 year anniversary last night. My parents watched DD for us...