or Connect

Posts by alexa308

,,,your missing underwear are currently being worn as a hat   …you spend ten minutes shouting out random food items while your child emits a series of grunts and squeals while pointing at the refrigerator    …you look in the mirror and discover you've been walking around with four owl stickers on your face for the last two hours
Yes! I totally commiserate. We moved when I was pregnant, from a city (outside of NYC) to the middle of nowhere. I basically spent my entire pregnancy by myself at home, because I was so sick and incapacitated the whole time. So, I didn't meet anyone then. After I had my baby, I went to a few groups but they were all 40+ minutes away which meant it was difficult to get there and anyone I met lived too far away for it to be reasonable for us to be friends/hang out. I have...
Thank you, thank you, thank you, ladies! This was so helpful! I'm glad I posted:) Have fun on your big night out, frioct3! I totally know what you mean about the mixed emotions!   I am with you all about not being in a rush to leave my baby. I appreciate our attachment and all the time we spend together now because I know it won't always be like this. I love being with her! I mean, I had a child for a reason. And I know soon enough she will be off at school or more...
I am a stay-at-home mama and have been attachment parenting from the start. So, naturally my DD and I are very attached. I've felt good about our attachment and proud of the way my husband and I have chosen to raise our little one all along. But, I recently saw a random thread on a doula's Facebook page about leaving your baby for the first time. The doula had posed the question "how old was your baby when you first left him/her?" As I read through the responses I...
My baby girl (now almost 6-months-old) did the same thing. I want to say it started somewhere around 4 weeks, too. She would only eat for about 5 minutes and she also had a problem with one of my breasts. She would often cry at this breast or refuse to nurse from it. She would also have days where she just didn't seem to be eating much. It really worried me (I called her ped a few times about it and took her in to see him twice). Thankfully, she has been gaining weight...
I'm new here (just joined today) so I hope I'm posting this in the right place! I'm an attachment parenting, co-sleeping mama to an EBF baby. My baby girl is almost 6-months-old and has been waking me up every hour to comfort nurse/suckle for awhile now.  I want to fulfill her needs as much as possible so have always allowed her to comfort nurse during the night, but at about 4 months her need went from quietly nursing every few hours to waking me every hour for most the...