or Connect

Posts by JNajla

I woke up to pee at 5 am and was experiencing right lower quadrant pain.  It hurts the most when I go from sitting to standing, and standing to sitting.  I've sneezed a few times and can feel the pain.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  I haven't experienced round ligament pain yet, so I'm not sure if this is it, but it is only on the right side.  My temp is 99.4 but I sometimes run higher than normal....  
My b/p is lower while pregnant than it ever has been.  Last ob check it was 100/60 and I'm normally 120/70's.....  
Just had an ob check yesterday and I'm up 17 lbs and I'm 18 weeks gestation.  OMG.  I either have to stop eating or I need to do more than 30 min of cardio.  The odd thing, is that I'm eating much healthier now than I was pre-preg (paleo).  I will occasionally treat myself to something with carbs or a low-fat dairy treat, but definitely no junk food.  I wanted to limit myself to 25 lbs weight gain for entire pregnancy....  looks like that isn't going to happen. 
I agree with you BabySmurf.  All we know about ANY medication during pregnancy is from anecdotal data (or animal studies).  Any medication (even class B) could potentially have adverse effects on a fetus.  When it comes to vaccines, experts state that the benefit outweighs the risk.  And like with any other medication, I agree that it is a matter of personal choice on whether that is an acceptable risk.   Like I said in an earlier post, I did get the flu vaccine...
    Again, there will never be controlled studies of vaccines on pregnant women because it is highly unethical.  All data to date re: vaccines during pregnancy is anecdotal, and based upon any complications (maternal or fetal) experienced after having a vaccine.  If there was a trend noticed, the recommendation to vaccine all pregnant women would then be removed from the ACIP (advisory committee on immunization practices) recommendations for health care providers (this is...
I use essential oils too- they've been very helpful. I have a diffuser and blend lavender, ylang ylang, rose, and geranium at night and it is so uplifting.
I would caution anyone to be informed and not rely upon biased sources (moms against vaccines groups), etc. Influenza can be deadly. There are so many 911 calls for flu related illness, our ERs are overwhelmed in my area. In some states out east, there are areas that have been declared public health emergencies due to the incidence of flu. As far as side effects, I've yet to read a scholarly study that definitively links vaccines to disease. I'm more concerned about...
I did get the flu vaccine this year.  I am a nurse practitioner within several elementary schools so I knew that I would be exposed.  I haven't been vaccinated for several years and I've never had influenza before in my life, but I know how severe it can be.  I felt that the benefits outweighed the risks.  This year's flu has been hitting hard and type A has been particularly nasty, causing pediatric and elderly deaths.  I respect people's decision to decide not to...
I hope I didn't sound snotty!  MIL is a 'sensitive' topic for me, that's all.  She's just so odd- I honestly can't figure her out AT ALL.