or Connect

Posts by phaeon

My DD really liked "Runa's Birth" by Uwe Spillmann and Inga Kamieth. FYI: there's an illustration of the baby crowning. I was sort of surprised to see that, but then I realized my DD would probably see it when her sibling was born, so what was wrong with seeing a picture of it beforehand? She still likes to read this book, and her sister is almost a year old now.
I'm about an hour NE of Alliance- and I belong to the Y up here. I'd come down for a nurse-in if you get one going.
When cutting things up for wee ones, I tend to do slices rather than chunks. Slices give them a "handle" to grab the food with, and makes it easier for them to sort of gnaw on the other end. Basically, anything that's "crunchy" we cook/steam to soften it (veggies, potatoes, etc). Anything that's "juicy" is usually soft enough for her to handle on her own. Our usuals include: crackers raw apple slices, peeled sliced canteloupe quartered grapes rice, oatmeal...
My DC is 8 mos. I just had my 2nd postpartum AF but they were 5 1/2 weeks apart. I had the same experience with DD1- AF came back around 6 mos, had 1 irreg period, then like clockwork after that. (Here's hoping for at least the clockwork part....!) ETA: DD1 was EBF (no ANYTHING) until 10 mos, mostly EBF until 13 mos, and is still nursing 4-5 x per day. DD2 is still EBF at 8mos, just starting to eat finger foods.
I'm in the same boat! You can make tomato soup and freeze or can that. Tomato paste. Spaghetti sauce (with seasonings, etc). I'm trying to figure out how to can just plain old diced tomatoes, as we use tons of those in cooking. Do you have a food mill? You could also do ground tomatoes for cooking. I'm subbing to see if anyone has other ideas, as we have 15 tomato plants and they're all ripening as I type!!! : (Couldn't resist that!) jen Edited to add: I...
Awww!
I have to agree with PancakeGoddess. 5 mos is VERY young to be sleeping thru. I have a 28 month old and an 8 mos old. The older one did not sleep for long stretches consistently until closer to a year. The younger one is sleeping about 5-6 hrs, but not consistently. They've got so much going on at this age that it's no wonder they wake up a lot at night. I agree with PP who said to make the best of it, try to cosleep or sidecar if you're using a crib, and hang in...
I'm a fan of the washable ones. Not only are they better on the environment, but they are much more absorbable AND comfortable. They're easy to wash, too- just dump them in along with your other warm-water whites. As for brands, I've only tried one...and sorry, can't for the life of me remember the brand. Maybe some other mamas will have some suggestions. Good luck!! jen ETA- I just noticed your siggy. Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm wishing you a great birth and...
In addition to what everyone else said, my G'mas OB told her to have a glass of beer EVERY night to keep up her milk supply!
Another naysayer on the ISP-based email requirement. Bad idea for all the financial, logistical and privacy reasons pointed out by everyone above. As for the other areas... I have always felt that, in laying out guidelines for how a group is to interact, less is more. Trying to anticipate and head off every potential negative situation stifles discussion and makes people afraid or uneasy to participate. I would hope for a UA that outlines the philosophy and spirit of...