or Connect

Posts by hakunangovi

Funny how so many DHs come around like that!  I would love to know what is initially in their head that they are so pro RIC, and then what it is that turns those perceptions around down the road so that they either become ambivalent and accepting, or better still anti-circ.
Yes, I like the word "whole" too, and one can see why some take offence, however it is the most accurate description.  I seem to have fallen into the habit of using "intact".
First, you might try the angle that it should be the baby who gets to decide what his penis gets to look like. It IS HIS penis after all, and this is not something that there should be any urgency over.  What would they say to him if at, say age 18, he asks why they cut off the most sensitive part of his penis. once it's gone, that foreskin is gone for ever.   The other thing you might try is to get them to watch a couple of videos. Try...
  While the phenomenom of elderly men getting circumcised may be true in North America - and I do not believe that it is "common", I have to believe that it is due to a lack of understanding of normal form and function of a foreskin within our medical community.  There is absolutely no doubt that when faced with a foreskin problem, be it real or perceived, they automatically jump to amputation. There are many ways to treat foreskin issues that do not involve any loss of...
OP,  You seem to have made all the right calls, as a mother, so far!  I was impressed that you left your first son intact, with the option to make his own decision when he grew up.  Then when he decided to get circumcised at 17, you supported him in that decision. If I had been in your place, that would have been difficult!  I am glad that he is happy with his choice - I hope he remains so.  I think this is the crux of the issue.  As parents, we do not have the right to...
Galatea,  thank you for that - it was very interesting - as were the comments that followed.
FarmWife, I agree.  Forcing one's religion on one's child in an indelible manner just seems so unethical to me.  Who knows what religion, if any, the child may choose to adopt when he grows up.
I applaud you for not having your first son circumcised.  I do find it interesting that he chose to undergo the procedure as an adult.  If you care to share, I would be most interested in his reasons and how he felt with the end result.  Very few intact adults willingly part with their foreskins it seems.   I wholeheartedly agree with the previous posters that with your new baby you will just have stand your ground. Make sure that all your health care providers are well...
Tatiana,  I think what you likely saw was the result of a "dorsal slit" which does not remove any foreskin, but tends to make it bunch up (usually on the underside).  I agree with all of you that a partial circumcision is  a bit better that a full one because although the ridged band has been destroyed, at least there is enough skin to comfortably accommodate an erection, and the chances are that most of the frenulum will be preserved, and that is one of the best...
That is awesome!  good for you for bringing the topic up.  It rather sounds like she did not pay much attention to the links and websites that you provided for her the first time around.   I am always amazed when someone says that they thought you HAD to circumcise, and I am very curious as to where that concept comes from.