or Connect

Posts by 1frugalmom

I've included a thesis that compares the WISC to the KABC.  It basically says these two tests would yield similar results.   1. http://mds.marshall.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1113&context=etd   I have 2 children that were tested using the Kaufman IQ and achievement tests and I don't recall them saying anything about fairy tales.  The KABC-II is an intelligence test and yields a Fluid-Crystallized Index (FCI) which would be the IQ like the FSIQ from the WISC.  The...
We debated and have decided to sign DD8 up to take the Explore test in February through NUMATS.  We are curious how she can do on an above level test and are thinking if she does well we can use her test results toward an application to DYS.  We have concerns that she will struggle staying focused for what will probably be about 3 hours of testing, so we plan to do some things with her at home like practicing a 30 minute timed test, etc.  DD also has issues with new,...
I agree with Geofizz and KCMichigan - Volunteer to come help out in the classroom.  You would be amazed at what you learn.  While you are there you can offer to get him started on the AR system and help him get logged in and take a test.  My mother (a retired teacher) did this for DD in Kindergarten.  She would just come in a little before dismissal and take DD to the library to take a test.  This really helped us when it came to showing the school what level DD was...
Soooo sorry this ended up so long, but I've been keeping all this in for a long time and have no one I can talk to about this without feeling like I'm just bragging.  I've been looking on a couple different gifted forums for a while now trying to get all the information and ideas I could.  I wanted to find out what worked for some families and what didn't.  You have all been very helpful!!!  We have been advocating for our dd8 since she began having "symptoms" of...