or Connect

Posts by 3rdClothBabyLov

Tide w/ hot cycle followed by cold cycle no detergent is the only thing that worked for us when we had a stink problem one year.  I also had to start washing more often and dry longer than usual.  Good luck!
So glad you found a solution!  It would be sad to give up on cloth  :-(  If you can afford it later, maybe also invest in a Disana wool cover (free shipping at Abby's lane) which is about $23 or something.  You don't have to wash them unless it gets poop on it - just air dry between uses.  They're great for night-time too.
Once we had a bad rash and I just had to let her go diaper-free for a whole month.  It was like having a new puppy!  (little wet spots to clean up on the carpet).  If she's not that mobile yet, you could sit her on a fleece blanket on the floor and just wash that periodically.  Going diaper-free was the only thing that seemed to solve the problem for us, since i think it was a yeast type rash.  At the time though, I didn't have Homestead Baby cream, which I know also...
Looks like you have a good list of items you bought.  You must've done your homework!  Good job!
My favorite fitteds and wool covers are from Tiny Birds Organics (now DidadoodleDiaperShop on Etsy).  I've never had a leak even overnight!  I'm not sure how to post a link, but if you go to TinyBirds.com then there is a link to the Etsy shop at the top of the page there.  I noticed on the Facebook page they are doing give-aways for cloth diapers lately too.  Plus the new prices are great.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I did notice since we washed the diapers right after use, I just used a tiny dab of dish-soap or something in the sink with them and then rinsed really well.  I loved doing it that way so much that I wanted to continue with it when we got home, but then got super busy at home and would just put diapers in a wet bag for machine-washing.  It seemed so easy while we were in China, but when I got home I was easily spoiled again by having a...
Speaking of China(!) when we were in China years ago, we hand-washed for a couple of weeks each time, and all I did was to hand-wash the diapers in the sink right after taking them off of her, and hung them up in the bathroom using those octopus looking things w/ the little clips to hold them up.  I was using flats instead of prefolds, so not sure how long prefolds would take to dry, but with the flats they were dry within a couple hours and ready to use again.  I did...
I know it might sound awful, but I would try Tide (just the regular kind, not the smelly one w/ oxy-bleach).  It has an amazing ability to get the stink out.  After using it with hot water, then run a cold water wash cycle without detergent, and then dry the diapers for like 3 times the normal amount of time to be sure everything in the interior of the diapers is totally dry.  After that, I would be sure to wash every 2 days and not let the diapers sit longer than that...