or Connect

Posts by SuperSarahGee

Thanks, again, tracyamber!  I was making a conscious effort to put some time aside for writing, and that essay is what I came up with.  Glad it's been helpful for a few other moms out there!
Thanks, tracyamber!  I'm telling you, every bit of "you can do it!" I can get is TOTALLY helpful!
Thanks, ella78!  I was actually expecting a few more huzzahs from the peanut gallery... which is perhaps arrogant... but it's nice to just have one person, at least, say something encouraging.  It's SO scary!  I don't know how people did scary things (like being a full-time mom, even!) without online support groups!  Don't get me wrong, I love my three-dimensional friends, too... but the fact that there are places dedicate to talking about specific issues, like this...
I like to make home-made play dough.  I usually make 4 different colors, roll them into balls, and put them all in one washed-out jelly jar.  (Every kid I've ever known ends up mixing up the colors, anyway.)  Eventually, the dough dries out and can be thrown away or composted, and the jar can be reused or recycled.  It seems to impress parents and kids... even kids who already have play dough.  I don't know why, really... maybe the novelty of it?  Anyway, this might be a...
Hi out there!   I thought this would be a good place to find some support and encouragement.  I've been involuntarily underemployed for two years now (my oldest son is 3.5, youngest son is almost 1) and it's been a wild ride!  The full-time mom thing has certainly been a privilege, but I won't claim that I haven't straddled the border of mental sanity every now and then, not to mention financial insecurity. I'm now starting a small tutoring company, teaching young...
Ha!  I was wondering why nobody was responding!  Turns out I'm totally out of the loop!  Thanks!
I was a little late to the game, but when I discovered Amanda Todd's video and suicide, I just HAD to talk to my son about it.  Here's a transcript, more or less, of what I said and (dare I say) what I recommend you say:  http://www.quackbaby.com/7/post/2012/11/this-ones-for-you-amanda-todd.html
Hi Everybody,   I'm new here (on this particular site, anyway) but I've been contemplating the issues discussed here for quite some time.  If you're interested in reading (or listening to... yes, there's audio!) an in-depth exploration on how I answered the question "so, what do YOU do?" then here you go:  http://www.quackbaby.com/7/post/2012/08/some-thoughts-on-how-one-spends-ones-time.html
Thanks for reading Linnaea and Jodieanneanton!  It was funny, as I wrote the essay(s) I kept thinking, "now who in the world will actually CARE about these details?"  I was basically journaling (as well as helping my midwife expand her website by adding my narrative to her 'birth stories' section) before I realized that LOTS of women (or at least a few) might be interested... and I know exactly where to find them!  My guess is that most of us on mothering.com are here...
Hi!  I'm new here but this seemed like the right place to ask/ vent about NOT ovulating?  I breastfeed my almost 10-month-old son usually as often as he'd like.  The night time thing was killing me (every 90 minutes?!  There's NO WAY he was really hungry!) so we just agreed to let him cry it out one night and see how it went.  It went SWIMMINGLY thank goodness and now he sleeps from 8 pm to 3 am before waking up hungry.  This is all to say that he often goes 7 or 8 hours...