or Connect

Posts by sumer

Hi, Welcome to the area (soon)! I just had a wonderful birth with midwifery care associates, they are in Pennington about 30 minutes from cherry hill and they offer home birth or delivery at capital health,hopewell. All three mid wives there were great. And Capital Health, Hopewell is a designated baby-friendly hospital one of the only in this area. Good luck with your move and best wishes for a happy healthy birth! -Sumer
I'm having multiple issues and am hoping to find a IBCLC in my area that does home visits. Can anyone recommend someone? Thanks
Hi, We just moved out of the city but the neighborhood we left was wonderful and very family friendly, walkable, full of great restaurants and shops. We were in passyunk square, its close to the subway and is a bit far but still walkable to center city. There is even a wonderful listerv for families that is a great resource for parents in that area. Hope you're finding what you're looking for in philadelphia its a great city especially if you don't need the schools....
I believe Midwifery care associates (pam/louise/heather) will do vbac at capital health in Hopewell NJ, which is about 45 minutes from philly. Its my understanding they are a very natural birth friendly hospital. Other than that I don't know of any actual birth center that will permit a vbac. Good luck in your search and with your pregnancy and birth.
Hi, I'm new here on mothering and I will be new to homeschooling. I am very interested in waldorf and montessori learning/teaching as well as unschooling I'm wondering if any of you could recommend any good books to get me started. My daughter is only 3 so I'm looking for mostly books to guide me and help me determine our homeschool path. Thank you.