or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

Ok well THAT dinner didn't happen. But am happy to report the rest of the day did! Dinner turned into lots of veggie lentil soup and buttered toasted baguette. YUM. Can we discuss how good buttered bread is? Gah!   Maybe for "dessert" I'll have half a massive honeycrisp apple with peanut butter.
Ok, I am posting an example a somewhat not so great typical day (yesterday) that I need to turn into a better day (today)   Yesterday: way unbalanced Breakfast/lunch-Homemade black beans, 1.5 scrambled eggs w/milk, 1 small but very buttery homemade empanada, 2-3 pieces fried plantains, reduced fat sour cream, salsa (leftovers from the night before. And the empanadas are so rich and I have leftovers- anyone want em? :P), Iced pregnancy tea blend, homemade- RRL,...
Ugh, I have *not* been eating as many fruits and veg as I should be. And still too much junk and carbs. But today was.....ok I guess. Even if I could commit to eating an apple with pb everyday, it would make a difference.    Late breakfast: tiny piece leftover homemade french toast (from challah I made last week) with little drizzle of maple syrup   Lunch: whole wheat wrap w/ 2 scrambled eggs, cheddar, onions+peppers, cilantro, salsa, greek yogurt+hot sauce...
  When we went on our honeymoon a few years ago to Costa Rica I noticed Rio could be a cool baby name. On our long drive around the country we'd drive over so many little rios! We're not considering the name at this point but I still think it's cool!
hm....i dont know about the beco (not like i know much at all). Looks a lot more supportive than the Ergo. Thoughts?
Yea I can see how shock would take over. I'm so sensitive and way too sassy though, I probably would have immediately started crying and said something rude. 
  Are you KIDDING me!? How unprofessional!!!!!!! Did you speak up?
  So why lie? Usually to save the person the real details I say something like "doing ok...I mean, I've got my things. Could be worse" You shouldnt feel obligated to say everything is honky dory if its not. I dont mean to sound so aggressive about it...
Well I think the average pregnant woman does experience discomfort or sickness at some point so I feel like it's nice for someone to acknowledge it with a "how are you feeling?" Not to treat it like an illness by any means, but to acknowledge "im thinking of you". I guess from strangers or just aquaintences it can come off as weird.   I have to say I'm sort of offended by the friends of mine who don't ever ask how I'm feeling. Moreso the friends who I dont see or speak to...
What I don't get is why there arent more people questioning if a pregnant lady wants to hear certain things. Why don't people just keep it to "you look great!" no matter what they're thinking?   I even had a mom of one of my students last week ask how I am feeling. I went on to tell her I'm doing o.k and she said she wasn't sure if it's always o.k to ask that. And I'm like "oh! No, I think it's nice to ask a pregnant person how she's feeling." More people should be...