or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

Well....it is copying someone else's idea but, this is something I plan to make at some point. I scored some vintage flat clothespins last month at a vintage shop and I can't wait to sit and relax and paint away. It's not clothing or anything but, I think it is just so cute. To be hung by the changing table or something.   http://www.etsy.com/listing/77239262/handmade-wooden-folk-art-mini-clothespin?ref=usr_faveitems
So there's another name DH and I could use for a boy and I struggle deciding how much I like it. His grandfather, who he never met, who his older sister was named after, his name was Shia. Not sure of the spelling. It may have been Shaya or Shaia. But it is pronounced "Shy-uh". How would you read it aloud? Would you read Shia like she-uh?   I don't like that I automatically think of Shia Lebouf. Other than Shia Lebouf, when you hear the name Shia what do you think of...
Oh and this is her saying to me AFTER my older sister has already gone through the whole homebirth thing! My mother's been through the info ringer with my sis already. I complained to my sister and asked her to please say something to my mother, which she did and I'm thankful for it. She said something like "mother, why would you bring that up with her, didn't I provide you with tons of information with my homebirths?" and she replied "oh, well....I am just sharing good...
Our baby will have DH's last name. Dh is very anti-hyphen. I also love how he conveniently forgets things...such as many moons ago I said how I'd like to have my last name in there somewhere, maybe even as a middle name, or a second middle name, and he was fine with it. Just recently he claimed to forget that conversation.    I see how you would feel the name could get lost. For me, it's less about the kid using the name and more about him/her just having it there, as a...
I also like Ramona! If I chose it it would have been more Rimona (ree-mona) which means pomegranite in Hebrew). 
Thanks...only prob here is our babe will have DH's last name that starts with a Z. So I don't want to get too Z heavy.   I like Lazer too. It's a yiddish diminutive of the Hebrew name, Eliezer. DH isn't so into Lazer though. Plus, Lazer plus DH's last name sounds too similar to Lazer Cats, a la the SNL sketch.
Emet, pronounced EHmet is Hebrew. It means "truth". My concern is people would pronounce it like Emmitt. I *thought* DH liked it but according to him today he mostly only likes it for the meaning, not the way it sounds. I can't argue that it doesnt necessarily roll off the tongue. Nickname would be Emmie. Which sounds a little feminine for a dude but I kind of that like that, that it's different.    My #1 boy name since I was in my early 20s, ha, has been Azariah...
Everyone....tell me...this name...Emet. If you saw that name how would you pronounce it? I capitalized the syllable of emphasis    EH-met EH-mitt Eh-MET   And sidenote? Someone please slap my DH for me. We have our girl name down. But any boy name I come up with....at first he likes it, then weeks later he writes it off. UGGGGGGHHH!!!!! CMON DH!!!!!
Gotchya. Yeah well this one doula sat with us in our home last week for at least an hour chatting about everything, telling us what her fee includes, etc so I feel she would have mentioned the "over 24 hours charge".    So she comes for a visit at 32 and I think 36 (or 37 or 38, dont remember) weeks plus a prenatal visit with my MW. Then she comes for one or two days postpartum. DH and I are also thinking it would be nice to ask her over for dinner sometime before the...
Wow this didn't even occur to me. That's terrible actually. Sounds like it goes against the whole homebirth model of care. My doula only takes 3 women a month though so I really don't anticipate it being an issue.    We just met a doula last week (one my MW frequently works with/part of her team) and we actually really liked her.