or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

I thought DH and I agreed on the perfect girl name a few weeks ago but just last night when I brought it up again he nixed it. He said it was too hippyish. GRR! And it's so cute, and different yet not too out there or weird sounding.    The problem I run into is that we need to name after a deceased family member or friend. So just when I find the perfect name, even name combo, and there's nothing about it that's naming after anyone, it kind of takes of away from the...
Last week, 20 wks was when I knew for certain I was feeling this little nugget. FINALLY!   And now at the beginning of my 21st week the feelings get stronger and stronger! Literally with each day! It's so cool!!! WEIRD....very very weird....but very super cool. It's like bloop blop blip here I am!   I've started getting DH to talk to the nugget :) And on Chanukah he sang the blessings over the candles to my belly, hehe.
Jude Judah Jules Jamin (though ive only ever known a girl with this name but I think it could def go gender neutral) Jax Jan Jensen Jovi (though now realizing the bon jovi connection, eek) Julian (becoming pretty popular in my area) Jethro I love Juniper but that's pretty girly I guess
Ok so I brought this topic up again with DH and he is very much not into it. He won't prevent me from doing it because that's not his style but when I told him it could mean someone would be in our (very small) apartment the day after the birth he responded with a sort of laugh, "um- they're not invited!"   He also thinks is the most disgusting thing he's ever heard of and he can barely talk about it.   So, I guess I could do it myself but I don't want to use my...
I think we're not going to buy much. This is our first, so we need stuff, but I feel like I'll feel weird buying things before the babe is here. Also partially stems from my Jewish background but also just me being me. Since we're planning a HB we're going to *have* to have some things....essentials more than anything so those things will probably be: basic onesies diapers+wipes (we'll probably go with disposables as we do not and cannot have laundry in our building...
Walden's cool. I feel like ya gotta be cool with Wally as a potential nickname though. Even if you dont call him/her Wally, others might? On the "W" names, I knew a girl in high school whose name (really it was her nickname) was Willie and I always thought it was such a cute name. It was short for Wilhelmina (silent second L so pronounced Willameena). I've seen her in recent years and she converted from Willie to Willa. I like Willie much better for a girl than boy though
Alright well I got my fem dophilous, grapefruit seed extract, im back to my vinegar rinse (though i really believe that's more for outside relief and can't help if the GBS is more internal like in my intestines) and I am open minded to trying to garlic cloves (which also not sure how much itll do for if the GBS is more internal)   My HB MW did say if I test pos at 35-37 weeks and I want antibiotics during labor she will give them to me via IV. I just know my body and...
Ewwwwww haha   Ok so since a couple years ago when I discovered the encapsulating I always thought I'd want to try it. I *do* have a dehydrator that i've never used, was thinking of returning it to bb&b because I dont REALLY need it but I guess I would for this purpose. I always kinda thought I'd just hire someone to do it though as the idea of handling a big bloody goopy mass like that (even if it is my own) really irks me out. Blech.   Here's my main concern though!...
Well the way I generally work is the first day I hear about negative news I am really depressed and the next day I rebound :) I mean, still bummed about it but I am now trying to refocus my mentality and think about all the wonderful ways I can try to fight it.
  Thanks. And sort of reassuring to hear it's common. I am just afraid because I've had problems getting rid of BV in the past and feel like I get it so easily and hold onto it for a long time. But I'm going to treat the GBS more aggressively than I ever have with BV. I'm just hoping it doesn't come back.   I should probably just continue to take probiotics my entire pregnancy. Anyone know of that being a problem to take them without a break?