or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

Lynann, I'd love to hear more about how you made your wrap and the PDF you found. Will you PM me? Or post more deets on the thread?
I live in Brooklyn and we don't own a car so I anticipate most definitely using a stroller. I already know of a (very expensive, one I'd never buy for myself) stroller we're getting as a hand-me-down but we'll also have to get a car seat for when we rent a car to go out of town and I have to say, I really want a Bob. They ride like a dream. So expensive though so I'd prob wait till LLBean had a sale and free shipping to buy from them.   I've used the Ergo with my...
<-----19 weeks past this week and ready to feel suh'in suh'in already! I do think I'm feeling very very and I mean very faint things but not well enough to confirm. I just want that moment of "ooh! that was definitely not gas!"
I have a different last name than my husband. He has a great last name, if I was ever to change mine, but I identify with my name too much and couldn't part with it.   I'd like to have my last name in there as a middle name. But then I also want to choose a namey middle name so I guess it's gonna leave the kid with 4 names. First Middle Middle Last. It also gives us more space for naming Kid after deceased family/friends which is a custom for us. Moreso family...
No i know I know   Hehe, I knew I'd get a response to that. But no, I'm not stressfully expecting to be in pain. I just know my sis had really long labors so I guess I'm comparing to that.  
First of all, oops! I meant the attorney general, not surgeon general.   I just emailed the woman who I might take a Bradley class with and her doula fee is $800. So that's good to know. Not like $800 is even so cheap but it certainly is $400 less than $1200! The difference would probably pay for birth supplies and tub. We'll see if I even jibe with this woman. I really need to mesh with someone to feel ok with them touching me and being around my apartment for 2...
I think the most she does is a payment plan to not make someone have to pay in full. Technically we HAVE the cash but it would be like, 1/3 of our savings. I work very very part-time right now while I'm in school part time and plan to stay home, not working a pay job, with babe for a year before I enter grad school fulltime and won't be able to have a job. So it's not realistic for us to spend 1/3 of our savings on birth. Spending close to $3000 between doula and balance...
could i be any worse at my typos? i wish there was an edit mode after you post. I meant "Really I wasn't too worried"
oops- meant never in network. What I meant was if no one else in-network within 50 miles performed the service. They gave me a list of midwives. Half we were hospitals (read: hello, they're not doing HB) and the other half were out of service numbers.   Really I want too worried about getting majority of the coverage. But it's this recent bitch "nurse" who is essentially c-ckblocking the approval by insisting the midwife has to either work out of a facility or have a...
I definitely educated myself on my plan before signing on with my midwife. The plan indicates I have no out-of-network coverage, no exceptions. Then they said they would only consider an out of network midwife if no one else within 50 miles would perform the service. And to my understanding no HB midwives in my area are ever in network. I don't feel like my midwife is backing me into a corner. I do believe she is one of the best midwives in the city, in high demand, and...