or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

Baby girl arrived on her 40 week due date and dh's bday! Crazy 4 day long labor story. Hope to post soon.
  I bet you it's something like whipping cream/heavy cream, etc. Seems logical given the recipe. 
I'm 40 wks on Wednesday and feeling good. Moving really slowly when I go on walks in my neighborhood but still running errands and going out for lunch, etc. saw my MW yesterday and all looks good. Getting mild menstrual feeling cramps is my body getting ready but I still think it could be a couple more weeks. My MW thinks I'll def to to at least 41. And I'd be fine with that cuz I wouldn't mind some more time DH and I still have things to do like straightening up and...
Oh, right, a bag for baby and DH. Ha, clearly I'm thinking ahead :P FYI othermother I too am a major procrastinator, you are not alone.
I'm planning a homebirth but I guess having a packed bag on hand for a transfer would be smart. I honestly just can't think what I would put in there though! Other than some pj's and undies, and a toothbrush and paste. Oh, snacks would be a good idea.    As far as what I will have on hand at home- I feel like I'll have everything on hand since I'll be here :P Is that what you meant OtherMother? I mean, there are things that I have specifically gotten or made to have...
Am I the only one who wants more time? I'm 39 weeks tomorrow but not feeling any of the get-this-baby-out-of-me feelings. Not only do I need more time getting our home in order, I kind of don't mind having baby in there still. It's a cozy feeling. Granted, I realize baby is getting bigger by the day and that's not going to be the greatest for labor purposes but in terms of how I feel, I'm not ready! I do get a little frustrated with baby's hiccups and needing DH to help...
That's what i put in my chummus too. Along with some tahini and garlic. Hmmm I wonder if I should give freezing it a try.
We actually bought a new, small chest freezer just so I could cook for it and so we could stock up on backup food this year when we do food shops. Otherwise I would NOT have the space for it all :PBut now that we have this freezer all I see is the empty space! I have to be careful though to not stack too deep as its a chest that opens from the top and we'll never find anything if its stacked too deep.Today's accomplishment has been mac n cheese and butternut squash lentil...
Interesting, you freeze your chummus?
Here's my list of made and need to make: Made: Artichoke chicken Spinach frittata Chicken fingers Lentil soup Banana zucchini carrot muffins Smoothie pops and watermelon strawberry lemon pops for labor and the following hot summer days Pasta for mac n cheese Need to still make: Whole wheat mac n cheese with zucchini Meatballs (either sweet and sour or plain and either turkey beef combo or separate) Butternut squash red lentil soup Red sauce Plain brown rice in small...