or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

so many typos up there, sorry. today was one big migraine that wrecked my brain.  
Two nights ago I had a dream that DH and I came across a house that looked like it has cotton candy growing on the landscaped trees out front. One tree had just a thin layer of what looked cotton candy with millions of tiny seeds floating within, and the other tree looked like full on pink cotton candy. DH grabbed a chunk off the good looking tree and pulled out a huge BLUE chunk. I said "oh my god that IS cotton candy!"  The owner of the house, Seth McFarlane, came out...
Speaking of colostrum...when does that change start happening? Because um, tmi but just tonight in the shower, being all Inspector Gadget-like I realized "wow, that is most definitely where my milk will come out from!"  
nStewart- do you mind me asking what that means that you tore on the inside?  
I personally haven't had any births yet :P but from what I know, MWs generally don't do episiotomies? Cuz what if you're someone who doesnt tear? Then you wind up with an incision anyway. I know of many MWs who will help massage/stretch the (sp?) perinium with oils if needed, to help avoid tearing.   My sis tore at her first HB and wound up having to get a few stitches right after the delivery. The MW just did the stitches right then and there in the room she birthed...
 So funny. (this is my first pregnancy) I texted my sis saying, "Maternity pants- best thing ever? I think so" She responded "yea the great thing is when you eat, if you get really full it doesnt matter!" So funny. I have to say though, getting full while pregnant? Not comfortable!!!
Or how about this..... My younger SIL (DH's little sis....who btw I adore) talking about my older SIL (DH's big sis) saying how she supports my decision and she's sure i'm informed but, "obviously you know way more than I do about HB, etc etc, but of course I can't get out of my head when Dsis had DD in the hospital and 12 doctors RUSHED in because DD wasn't breathing, and it was so traumatic etc etc'" to which I kindly responded, "yup, well...a baby not breathing is...
nstewart....i find that sometimes people just dont want to hear it ya know? like i'll start to give reasons and people's eyes just glaze over. All this one girl said to me last night when she heard "I was planning a HB was, "So no epidural?". Not like I WANT to go through the pain but hello people, you think i'm getting an epidural at home!? People just don;t know, really.   I find that people's immediate assumption why someones chooses a HB is that they want a...
haha i know, i am actually laughing now reading my response. I did sound excited lol. Thanks for the links. Will def check them out.   For the record, while I do acknowledge it is soooo bad for one's brain cells, I do enjoy nitrous if the dentist will ever give it to me. Is that bad? So rare nowadays though as I think it's pretty frowned upon in the dental community. But man, I got some a few years ago for getting a tooth pulled and it was beyond ridiculous. I think...
Wait.....nitrous?? Some MW's come with nitrous? That's not be sounding excited...that's me sounding surprised. Nitrous to just like, relax you?