or Connect

Posts by Loogiejane

On a happier note, I was out picking up dinner the other night and the girl checking me out asked how I was feeling. I told her that was really nice of her to ask. Then she referenced her children and I'm like oh of course you have children, you thought to ask how I'm feeling. She asked where I'm delivering (home) and she said she had a homebirth too. So I asked who her midwife was and it's my same MW! So it was a funny, friendly conversation. It was nice for a stranger,...
Ok so i want to open this up for positive not just negative comments from others. Cuz I don't want to create full on neg-vibe thread    I initially wanted to share some great stuff my mother's been saying to me. My most recent favorite (note: sarcasm) was when I saw her for a fun little girls trip she, my sis and I took.  Mom: yup, you're carrying just like I did. Me: (thinking, oh, so nice she picturing herself pregnant, looking at me with happiness) Oh really?...
Thanks for the music feedback guys! Was it this thread where we were discussing birth tubs? I should have looked before posting this. So, we're going to rent the Aqua Doula from my MW mainly for the reason that my building has been known to run out of hot water and I don't want to deal with that during my labor. The rental is so much more $$ than the La Bassine that she rents too. She also said the LB is better for hanging over the edges- that with the Aqua.D they put a...
  Guys, my stretch marks are out of control :( I'm bummed about it. And they're totally the dark purple/red ones. They go a couple inches up past my belly button (which at almost 35 weeks is still an innie, surprisingly) AND I have them on my love handles- what's up with that? I thought where I had extra skin would be the last place I'd get stretch marks! My midwife says they're genetic. Boo. 
  Uhmmmmm, I've been wearing the same few things everyday and I'm not pregnant with twins and I definitely don't care- is that wrong? I literally? literally... wear the same two pair of pants everyday. It would be 3 if any of the maternity jeans I bought actually worked out for me. When at home I'm in a dress or skirt (or if I have a function it's a long black skirt). And I have about 6 tanks I rotate that I always wear with one of say, 3 cardigans. Then add the same pair...
I'm interested to see what you get too!   At my 32 week appointment I measured 31. Which was interesting because at 27 weeks I measured 28.5. So we'll see how I measure next week at 35 weeks :)
I also love the music from Love Story but....I shouldn't...too depressing...right?
Add to my list Living in the Moment by Jorma Kaukonen. It's the song DH and I walked down the aisle to. Very peaceful. 
Forgive me if this has been discussed in the forum already. Anyone plan a music mix yet? All I can come up with so far is Enya and this one Moby song from the movie The Beach that I've always liked lol. Oh yeah, and a couple songs from the Amelie soundtrack, La Valse D'Amelie, ugh, I could cry it's so good. 
Question what you guys think. My upstairs neighbor just had a hospital birth and has all these pairs of unused disposable underwear that she offered me. It's what they use in the hospital, or at least what she was given. She said they're good because you don't have to ruin your own underwear. She showed them to me...they're quite shapeless and she said I might have to cut them on the sides to make them fit better as they were rather snug around her legs.    Should I...