or Connect

Posts by Wolfmeis

Montessori at home has been very successful for our family. My blog is linked below and you can do searches from years past on the homeschool stuff we've done. We also keep a prepared environment, with trays and materials available to the children at all times. Here is another site I can HIGHLY recommend. This is a Montessori school teacher who now homeschools her children (blog and information): http://www.montessoriforeveryone.com/blog/ Another quintessential...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stacymom Disclaimer: I am a Suzuki violin teacher, but I have played piano longer than I have played violin. There are many advantages and disadvantages to both instruments. Violin is quite a bit less money to start- you can get a decent violin for a lot less than a piano. But, piano instructors might be easier to find than violin instructors. Violin is more portable- you can take it with you anywhere, and you always know...
We really enjoyed the "house" series from PBS: Frontier House, Pioneer House, 1900 house. They were great launchpads for unit studies.
It's my Dougie's Birthday! Happy Birthday little man!:
Quote: Originally Posted by LilyGrace Sage, have you ever read about the bean dip method? It comes in handy at social gatherings. I don't defend my choice. I don't really care what others' think. They're not the ones doing the parenting, the mentoring, the teaching....their opinions count for nil. I've found that getting into an argument just feeds the fire - a polite smile, "thanks for your opinion", is so completely maddening because they don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by JeniferS But, since you brought it up, I don't think someone who hires a fulltime tutor is doing the same thing as most of us. Most of child actors do not go to school, they have tutors at the set, would you consider that homeschooling? Yes, I would. The tutors are only on the set becaus that is where the kids are. The tutors aren't homeschoolers-- like you and I are-- but the child is educated "at home." Or on...
They do last longer than regular crayons, and some people think they smell better. The color is a little brighter and they provide a smoother finish on the paper. My dd absolutely prefers them, while the boys don't seem to give a rip one way or the other. She covets her stockmar and hides them in her room, while the boys are quite content with whatever crayons I give them.
Yes but what's great about THIS thread is that it proves that the video is not an authentic homeschooling family, but a comedy skit with this actor as the Dad.
Quote: Originally Posted by shroomama I think the most depressing thing, aside of course, from what the teacher did to Dakota, which was deplorable, is that even if you called her on it, she probably wouldn't get it. I doubt she would understand what she did wrong. I'm sorry that happened, but it does reinforce the decision to hs, doesn't it? Now he can have all the wormies and bugs he wants. Yes it does. And you're absolutely right; I bet...