or Connect

Posts by JennaRose

When my daughter was that age she would go 5-6 days without pooping. It never seemed to bother her, I think it bothered me more! Seems like all of the foods your giving him would have plenty of fiber and unless you are juicing them, putting them through the mesh feeder wouldn't remove fiber. I had asked our Ped for advice, she said it's not uncommon for EBF babies to go stretches without pooping because mother's milk is so efficiently digested and the same goes if they...
I am sorry a Le Leche leader has not replied. I would try finding a neighboring Le Leche group that will at least return a call. I have read about some herbs that reduce milk production, I believe Sage and Parsley. My husband will put parsley into smoothies sometimes (a good handful of fresh leaves), I would suggest researching that. One trick I used to do is keep a clean handpump in the fridge, and then when I felt full or engorged I would just pump enough to get...
I don't know if its possible with your little one, but would pumping one side while nursing work? Or else, my 10 month old will often get a quick drink (and then continue on with playing, etc) and then I begin pumping right after. These tricks work best for me when I am trying to increase my frozen stash a little. I also keep a hand pump clean and in the fridge for quick sessions during a nap, right after a shower or right away in the morning, its not a lot of output...
I never used my iPad for actual school work, but I was able to buy some of my school books on Kindle. I liked using the tablet for that (and I could usually save about $10-15 per book) and then using my laptop/desktop for writing papers. The find feature was awesome to have and you could bookmark/highlight portions of the text that I would use later when writing. This was two years ago when I was finishing my masters, I am not sure if availablity is better now or for...
My DD is a string bean (my husband and I are both taller and lean) but my Ped is 100% supportive of breastfeeding even though dd is only in the 20% for weight (and 80% for height!). She told me not to worry about percentiles but she likes to see that the baby will double its birth weight by 6 months. Doing the quick math, seems like your DD is on track! Has anyone else heard this rule? My Ped is a little old school but is extremely supportive of BFing!
My dd is a little string bean, so I can't provide too much help. However, a friend posted a picture of her son in the bath in a plastic laundry basket. She filled the tub up, then put in the basket/flooded it with water then put in baby. So he had a smaller area in the tub and had support sitting up. Baby had a little less room to slip and slide, and it kept all of the bath toys within reach! I am not sure if it would work for you, but maybe in the future.
Around 8 months my daughter started to become very attached to dad too, right around the time she became very shy towards anyone but us. My husband would always put her in our Ergo or wrap when he was watching her alone. Helped her not fuss, and I think it helped them bond. I have had to be away a few nights for work, and he tried to stay with our normal routine. He would feed her, cuddle to sleep. Then we made a couple of bottles that he gave her when she woke up at...
1. I was running 30-40 miles a week, weights 2-3 times and occasional yoga. I was three weeks into a marathon training plan when I found out I was pregnant. 2/3. i slowed down a lot the first few months I was exhausted, I was working long hours that sapped any energy I had left. I slowed down at work and started jogging 4 times a week, about 2 miles no faster than 6 mph. I also started walking more too. And I youtubed a few yoga workouts. 4. I felt much better! I...
I use sustainababish fitted and a simple cover. These are by far the best, it came with three inserts but I only use two (which snap right in). My daughter is only 9 months and started wetting heavier around 7 months. My local CD store recommended sustainababish, a little pricey but worth it!
How old are your running shoes? Switching to new shoe can cause muscle pain, as well as losing support in older shoes.