or Connect

Posts by quiethands

Your birth story sounds like mine too, except I was given drugs to induce labour. Boo.   When I had my second baby, I actually delivered him in a squatting position because I, too, tore and required stitches with my first. I researched different delivery positions because I hated recovery more than pushing out that baby... I told everyone I would have pushed out another baby if it meant that I didn't have to recover from it.   So there I was, squatting. I was...
I'm awful with desserts, so I need easy peasy recipes. I found this fresh pumpkin pie recipe--I had to have it fresh because we received a pumpkin in our CSA basket and I had no idea what to do with it.    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-fresh-pumpkin-pie/detail.aspx I made it with a store bought pie shell and I didn't use the evaporated milk... Everyone who's had this pie in the last two years that I've been making it has said that it's the best pumpkin pie...
Congratulations on having the birth you wanted. I understand how you felt...   I wanted to give birth naturally, so off I went with my first. I went the traditional route because I couldn't get a midwife in time. I had an ObGyn, who I didn't like, and gave birth in the hospital of my choice. I was induced 2 days after my due date, because my OB thought the baby was too big. The labour was okay, I was able to bear it, but the pushing... It was awful. He wanted to give...
I just shared on my Facebook page too!
I liked, both, Strider and Mothering on Facebook! I hope we can win a bike for our 3 year old daughter to share with our 1 year old son and Baby #3!