or Connect

Posts by littlefoxsmama

Yes, concern about the consistency definitely makes sense!  I should have added that the almond butter that I give him is the kind that you have to stir, so it's really oily and runny.  It literally drips off a spoon.  I don't think I'd give it to him if it were the consistency of "regular" nut butters.  Sorry - should have made that more clear!  :)
 I'm also wondering why you caution against this.  The most current recommendation is that allergenic foods need not be delayed:  http://www.jaci-inpractice.org/article/S2213-2198(12)00014-1/fulltext.  I've also read (though I can't remember where now) that delaying introduction may increase the change of allergy.   Is there some other reason to wait on nut butters?  
I should also say that we never did spoon feeding / purees, so I have nothing to compare our BLW experience to!
My little guy is 7.5 months old, and we've been introducing solids for about a month now.  We're doing BLW - just giving him chunks of foods to play with and sometimes gnaw on.  He was sitting really well unassisted (in his high chair) before we started introducing, and he's an early teether (8 teeth already!), so that probably makes a difference too.  But it's been really good for us.  We give him slices of apple, mashed up sweet potato, almond butter on a little wooden...
FOUR times more absorbent than cotton!  (Sounds like a good choice for my little heavy wetter...)
Hello kindred spirit mamas!  I'm so glad to find you here.  My husband and I have an (almost) 5 month old little one.  We recently bought 5 acres of land in the South Sound (Washington State) middle-of-nowhere and are living in a little mobile home while we build our house.  I was a lawyer in my previous life (was that really only 6 months ago?!), but now a stay-at-home mama for at least his first year -- and hopefully after that!  I read voraciously about gently...
  Thanks for this post, OSUVet.  I think I'm having a very similar experience now with my first.  I was running a lot and really lean (probably 5 pounds lighter than I'd been in my adult life), and then gained weight pretty quickly at the beginning of pregnancy.  I've been telling myself that my body just needed more fat to support the pregnancy, and your experience seems consistent with this.  I'm happy to gain weight -- I just want to know that it's useful (and not just...
Thanks for starting this thread, BabySmurf!  It's agree that it's really helpful to hear about the variability with everyone's weight gain throughout pregnancy.  And, Nattery, I totally hear you on the anxiety about the unexpected -- for the first time in my life, I feel like my body is doing it's own thing and that I have very little control over what it's doing.     The weight issue is a little harder for me than I expected, I think because I was really focused on...
Thanks, Spotty!  Yes, it does feel good to be at ease about it, and it feels good to take DH's feelings about it into account too.  I tend to have strong feelings about what I want - and, of course, I'm the one carrying this baby, so I feel like I get a little extra say - but he's a huge part of this as well, and if it will help reassure him that all is well (or let us prepare for something else in the event that's needed), I think it's a good thing.  I totally get what...
I had a conversation with my sister-in-law tonight that I have to share, because I thought that her point was such a good one.  I explained to her my indecision about having the ultrasound and told her some of the pros and cons.  After listening to me fret about it, and then listening to my husband discuss the reasons that he would feel reassured by the ultrasound, she basically said that we were worrying about it too much.  She certainly didn't mean that it was...