or Connect

Posts by zeeohee

Hi, everyone. Just wondering what your babies are playing with these days? Clover likes rings for grabbing, her stuffed sloth for chewing, and handkerchiefs (also mostly for chewing). She just figured out that peek-a-boo is funny. And she's got a mobile that she likes to kick. Oh, and books, of course! Mostly she likes people and moving her body (naked rolling practice is her favorite part of the day) more than toys and games per se, but I want to hear what others are...
Here it comes! Not enough to make art like cynthiamoon, but I'm finding hair all over my computer, my family's food at Thanksgiving, my baby's neck folds...And right after I gave in and cut it. I'd better invest in a good hat or two for winter.
I have a round face and very wavy/curly hair, and I don't feel right at ALL when my hair is long. I think I look way better with short hair, and even if I didn't, I don't care because I feel more like me. I totally agree with rf that you gotta do what feels right for whatever reason (my mom had shorter hair when my brother and I were kids just because we pulled it/it got in the way). And if you're someone who thinks you "can't" have short hair but have never tried it and...
I'm gonna throw out some less-common advice that I wished I had found sooner when I was trying to find the source for my CD-ed baby's seemingly persistent rash: food sensitivity. I could NOT get rid of her rash until I quit eating soy and peanuts. I already don't eat dairy, but that's another common one. It's something to bounce around in you mind if you happen to notice a coming-and-going pattern. For me it was 12 hours after I ate the offending food, almost like...
I love it, cynthiamoon!   I'm still waiting for mine to fall out. I need a haircut badly but I keep waiting to see if it will thin itself first....
skycheat, I'll take your thoughts as positive :) I was in a TOTAL FUNK, but I am over it already, just as I predicted. My baby is only 3.5 mo, so I thought I had a little longer. I was hoping to make it to 6 mo, but now I'm cool with it again! I think I actually even wrote not that long ago that I wanted my period earlier than later so I could TTC! But then when it happened I got really cranky -- thanks, hormones! My midwife said that the fact that I got my period already...
Actias, I think there may be a temporary (one or two day) drop in supply for some folks, based on what I've read. I didn't necessarily notice it, because we were both warding off a cold and doing a lot of resting/nursing in the days before I got my period.   What I was a little distressed about as far as nursing is just that I was planning to use breastfeeding amenorrhea/ecological breastfeeding as birth control. It's supposed to work really well *IF* you breastfeed...
Thanks, rf and kalista. Now that I'm feeling more accepting of the whole thing, I feel better. C doesn't seem to notice anything different with my milk or my supply, so that's good.    I think the real issue is that I feel a little upset that I have to actually think about spacing of babies now. I wanted to let nature take its course, but now I feel like I have to make some decisions about trying/preventing, and that makes me cranky. Wahh, wahh poor me. I'll get over it...
Clover sleeps kind of embarrassingly well at night, but she has the same thing about HAVING to have movement for naps. This means most naps are on my chest in the wrap. She is also super particular about what I can do while she sleeps -- active chores like vacuuming are fine, but if I stop moving long enough to wash a couple dishes, she wakes up wailing. My birth ball from pregnancy is the only thing that saves my sanity. I think, like cynthiamoon's daughter, C would wake...
I have a couple pairs of those ebay babylegs. They are actually pretty good quality, nice and thick. And adorable.    Still having fun catching pees after naps and during naked play! I get no help from this one with the poop cues these days. I thought poops would be the easy part!