or Connect

Posts by namastesista

And, let me say congrats to all the other mamas who've welcomed their beautiful babies. And to the mamas still waiting...you're almost there!!
Baby girl Rowan Emery was born August 11th at 8: 14 and was 8lbs 11 oz. Since my DS's labor was 19 hours, I really appreciated that this one was not quite 7 hours! Rowan was born at home in the water, and we are SO in love.
Hubby's getting snipped here too!    Also, for those considering Mirena or IUDs in general...I had one placed in Dec 2011, three months after DS was born and there are two major issues I will mention: 1) I could swear up and down that the IUD triggered my PPD - I later learned from my PPD counselor and also my midwife that progesterone-only hormonal bc options are linked to higher rates of depression in woman who are already predisposed to depressive symptoms and 2)...
Thanks - yeah, I mentioned it to her, and got a nice long list of foods and supplements to increase, including iron and lean proteins. It's really gone away in the last week or so, so I'm not too worried about it, though I think she is going to do a blood draw at my 38 week appointment tomorrow, just to make sure everything still looks peachy.
I have been craving dirt...specifically wet/damp dirt just after a rain shower.  Not mud, mind you...the consistency thing weirds me out.  As if that is the weirdest part. But the smell of damp dirt is delectable to me!   I just found out from my Dad that my paternal grandmother who died when he was 8 used to take a spoon out and dig down for "fresh dirt" and eat it during her three pregnancies.  Crazy!  I probably should talk to my midwife about the craving, but...
I'm finally attaching my to-do list, which you ladies helped with tremendously, so thank you!  I wonder, does anyone have any examples of things they are including in their "Big Sibling Plan" for their older children?  My father is watching my son once I start early labor for our homebirth, and he watches him a lot, so unless I'm missing other information, I'm just not sure a "Big Sibling Plan" is necessary for us.  What have you ladies come up with for...
Thanks ladies!  All of the things you both mentioned sound very familiar...especially teething with two year molars!  I've noticed he was teething lately, and saw that his canines were coming in, but after reading your post, Mama505, I stuck my finger back there...lo and behold, he's cutting two molars, too.  Poor kid.  I have been trying to nurse him whenever he asks - within reason (it hurts like heck when preggo, so I have to say no here and there!) and spend more...
Hi Mamas,   My 20-month old DS has recently been displaying some behavior changes that I'm concerned about, and I'm not sure what to do, or if they are pregnancy-related or normal developmental behaviors.  Essentially, he's been more restless throughout the night, and very very attached to ME at all hours.  I used to be able to have DH put the boy to sleep, or wake up with DS when I didn't get enough sleep, but now my son will cry and scream for me until I come to be...
I'm right there with you, sister. I've got my growing mental list if things still to do (find a freezer, start freezer cooking, get birthing supplies for our homebirth, etc.) It can get really overwhelming for me to think about how life will change (in both positive, and challenging ways). I had PPD after DS was born, and so coincidentally, I'm also anxious about that. I am taking the opportunity to work through these fears, but man, can it be hard!
I'm right there with you, sister. I've got my growing mental list if things still to do (find a freezer, start freezer cooking, get birthing supplies for our homebirth, etc.) It can get really overwhelming for me to think about how life will change (in both positive, and challenging ways). I had PPD after DS was born, and so coincidentally, I'm also anxious about that. I am taking the opportunity to work through these fears, but man, can it be hard!