or Connect

Posts by retromama77

Hello everyone! I live in Kent, and I was just wondering if any of you would be interested in starting a Daisy Scout troop just for homeschoolers in our area. I have not been a leader before, but I'm willing to learn! (Or, conversely, if someone who has been a leader before is interested, that would work too!) If you are interested, then send me your name and contact information so we can get organized before fall! By the way...if there already are homeschool troops in...
Hello everyone!   I live in Kent, and I was just wondering if any of you would be interested in starting a Daisy Scout troop just for homeschoolers in our area.  I have not been a leader before, but I'm willing to learn!  (Or, conversely, if someone who has been a leader before is interested, that would work too!)  If you are interested, then send me your name and contact information so we can get organized before fall!   By the way...if there already are...
You are awesome!  Thank you so much!   
After (unsuccessfully) trying to teach myself to knit, I have realized that I physically need someone to show me how to knit.   I'd be willing to pay or barter for knitting lessons...whatever you think would be fair.   I"m homeschooling my daughter starting next fall, and I figured I should probably correctly learn to knit before I have to teach her!   Thanks!
Hello!   I will be purchasing the Christopherus First Grade Curriculum in January, but I was hoping to take advantage of some pre-Christmas sales on supplies.   Could anyone post a list of the needed supplies for the Christopherus First Grade year?  It would really help me out! Thanks!
Help! My two children (ages 2.5 and 5) are constantly chasing each other in the house. I am scared that the little one will trip and bang his head on the furniture, lose teeth, whatever. I have reminded them (daily!) that there is no running in the house. The five year old will stop running, but then go on to skipping or galloping. (Which to me is just as dangerous in the living room.) The two year old stops for a minute and then begins running, trying to get his...
Okay, tell me if this is too weird to be practical.  I want to send my children to the "local" Waldorf school, which is 20 miles from our house.  DH refuses to take them/pick them up because it "adds too much time"  (20 minutes) to his commute.  I have a chronic pain condition and can only drive within 5 or 10 miles from home.  We found a small house that's on the same road as the school, and only costs $70,000.  We're thinking of buying it and fixing it up, and staying...
Hello!   We live in Kent, and our daughter (and eventually our son) will attend Spring Garden Waldorf School in Copley next year.  I was wondering if there are any families/teachers at Spring Garden who would be willing to bring my children home from school every day.  I have a medical condition which limits my ability to drive "long" distances...around the neighborhood I'm fine, but Spring Garden is 20 miles away!  I would be more than willing to compensate for the...
Hello!   New to actually posting...just curious about something.  My daughter will most likely be attending Spring Garden Waldorf School in Copley next year and beyond.  I am on a medication which severely impairs my ability to drive long distances.  (I'm good around the neighborhood, but we're 20 miles away from the school!)  I was hoping there were families or teachers that live here in Kent that would be willing to bring my daughter home from school at the end of...