or Connect

Posts by shagonarock

I feel quite conflicted about it at the moment, and tend not to. I don't like the way I look without makeup and would prefer to cover pores/shine, illuminate eye bags, mascara, lippy, all those things that make you look fresh and rested (or confident and pretty).   But I used to wear a bit of makeup to school and clubbing, got hassled a lot in some pretty bad ways.. Also was pressured by XP to be very girly when I'm not really. It kind of left me with a complex about my...
Thanks Emma.       I don't know what to do. So angry. It feels like I was strung along with all the talking about a future/love and used like a convenience whenever it suited him. One time I was going to leave him and was persuaded to stay, but now he's finished with me I got dumped rudely for things I was upfront about a year and a half ago. (Nothing bad - different politics, can't afford to buy a house, don't want to give birth.) Dude should have just left me alone...
So... all you guys were right and I always suspected as much. However the problem was nothing to do with the lovely child but with the father. I was dumped suddenly and hard three or four months ago: Mainly because I have different values and stuck by my decision not to get pregnant and have kids in the future (both of which I was upfront about when we first met and started seeing each other). He also was getting frustrated at not getting regular cards time with the boys...
The courts can be biased towards BMs. I truly wish you the best DogMother25.
I'm late to this but his behavior sounds hugely inappropriate.   I'd take it seriously, as when I was 14 a 57 year old friend of my teacher started trying to befriend me and my family. Turns out he was already abusing my teachers daughter and so had actually been trying to groom me.
I definitely will, thanks sparklefairy.   It's even more unfair because I don't actually need to learn anything (except perhaps to cultivate indifference and grow a thick skin?). The conflict is between the exes so I stay out... but it means that I don't get to see my partners child potentially until court happens, and am aware that BM is likely punishing my partner because she doesn't want to let go.   I wonder if I'm nuts to put myself in this situation by being in a...
What do you do when a family member tells you this?   Personally I would have settled for "Hey, that's rough"
Thanks for your support :) I got some quality time with my partner recently, but it's still a tall order taken all together.   I'll try your suggestions and also try to join in whatever kid's doing in a low key way.
This sounds like a really toxic situation with work.   I know it'll be tough and understand if these things aren't possible... but you might want to consider going on maternity leave early to get yourself away from work and D, and possibly getting a different job afterwards so you don't have to return to this workplace.   Please lose the people that share your private business and discount your experiences of rape.     It's not your fault, you left someone...
There are special shopping bags that are designed to keep food frozen for a few hours so your icecream won't melt on the wasy home. They're not ice bins/eskies, they're flexible and insulated.   This sort of thing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trader-Joes-8-Gallon-Insulated-Reusable-Cooler-Tote-Bag-16-X-18-X-13-/290797721781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b4e518b5